Danube Water Levels Decreasing in Bulgaria
The level of the Bulgarian stretch of the Danube river is slightly decreasing, head of the Agency for Exploration and Maintenance of the river Georgi Georgiev informed.
According to Georgiev, in the next days the Bulgarian-Romanian stretch of Danube is going to decrease by five to six centimeters per day. Currently, the river level near Bulgaria's city of Ruse is 739 cm, and the forecast for the next two days is for a 14 cm drop.
The water levels of Danube have been under constant monitoring,due to the floods in Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina. The level of Danube at the Bulgarian city Ruse exceed 7 meters as a daily increase of 28 cm was recorded last week.
The floods in Bosnia and Herzegovina and Serbia have claimed dozens of lives, while thousands of homes are damaged.
- » Bulgaria Advertised For Illegal Grizzly Bear Hunting
- » Yellow Dust Found All Across Sofia
- » Sun, Rain and Hails To Take Over Bulgaria
- » Thunderstorms Expected Across Bulgaria
- » 73% of Bulgaria's Bathing Waters Were of Excellent Quality in 2014
- » Minor Earthquake Registered in Black Sea Near Bulgaria's Primorsko