Two Bulgarian Companies to Sew Uniforms for French Defense Ministry
Two Bulgarian textile companies have won a contract of the French Ministry of Defense for EUR 14M for the production of uniforms.
The Bulgarian Karo-06 and Transconfection will make 3 million trousers and 2.7 million jackets, Capital Daily informs.
For years the two companies in Zhaltusha village in the southern Bulgarian Kardzhali region have been sewing uniforms for foreign customers, thus providing permanent employment to around 80 people.
The Bulgarian companies have managed to overcome the competion of French and Belgian textile manufacturers due to the high quality and the attractive prices of their production.
Ekaterina Todorova, the owner of Karo -06 and a partner in Transconfection told Capital that the two companies have made military and police uniforms before and in some cases employed nearly 500 workers for a given contract.
- » Bulgarian Minister to Seek Upward Revision of Interior’s Budget by BGN 21.3 M
- » Bulgaria Expects to Choose Builder of Gas Link to Romania in December
- » Bulgaria Confirms Ban on Growing GM Crops
- » AES Bulgaria Dismisses Suggestion of Unfair Play
- » 5700 VW, Audi Vehicles in Bulgaria Need Refit over Diesel Emissions Violations
- » Power Distributor CEZ Bulgaria Welcomes New CEO