Bulgaria Qualifies for U-19 European Championships
Bulgaria's under-19 national football team qualified for the European Youth Championship after beating the Czech Republic 2:0 on Monday night.
Goals from Nikolay Kolev and Antonio Vutov in the second half gave Bulgaria the precious 3 points in Sliven. Following the win over Sweden on Saturday, the young Bulgarians lead the group with 6 points.
In the other group match, Sweden defeated Italy 3:1, which assures Bulgaria's first place finish, no matter what happens in the final round.
The European Championship will be played in Hungary in July.
- » Bulgaria’s Tsvetana Pironkova Proceeds to Third Round of Roland Garros
- » CSKA Sofia Claims Bulgarian Cup in Historic Final
- » Two Bulgarian Mountaineers Ascend World's Fifth Highest Peak
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Remains Sole Bulgarian Representative at Roland Garros
- » Tennis: Bulgaria's Dimitrov to Face Serbia's Troicki in Postponed Match in Paris Monday
- » Tennis: Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Faces Serbia’s Troicki in Paris Sunday