Bulgaria Qualifies for U-19 European Championships
Bulgaria's under-19 national football team qualified for the European Youth Championship after beating the Czech Republic 2:0 on Monday night.
Goals from Nikolay Kolev and Antonio Vutov in the second half gave Bulgaria the precious 3 points in Sliven. Following the win over Sweden on Saturday, the young Bulgarians lead the group with 6 points.
In the other group match, Sweden defeated Italy 3:1, which assures Bulgaria's first place finish, no matter what happens in the final round.
The European Championship will be played in Hungary in July.
- » Bulgaria Scores Gold, Silver Medals at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup in Tashkent
- » Bulgarian Football Union to Determine Fate of CSKA Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Sesil Karatancheva Reaches Last Round of Roland Garros Qualifiers
- » Zinedine Zidane Also to Attend Final of European U-17 Championship
- » UEFA President to Attend Final, Award Ceremony of European U-17 Championship
- » Bulgaria Football Union Withdraws Domestic, Euro Licences of Four Teams