Bulgaria Qualifies for U-19 European Championships
Bulgaria's under-19 national football team qualified for the European Youth Championship after beating the Czech Republic 2:0 on Monday night.
Goals from Nikolay Kolev and Antonio Vutov in the second half gave Bulgaria the precious 3 points in Sliven. Following the win over Sweden on Saturday, the young Bulgarians lead the group with 6 points.
In the other group match, Sweden defeated Italy 3:1, which assures Bulgaria's first place finish, no matter what happens in the final round.
The European Championship will be played in Hungary in July.
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Suffers Heavy Defeat in Monte Carlo
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Overwhelmingly Defeats Wawrinka in Monte Carlo
- » Bulgarian Elected as Vice President of European Athletics
- » Bulgaria Climbs Four Positions in FIFA World Ranking
- » Bulgarian Olympic Committee Adopts BGN 3.45 M Budget for 2015
- » CSKA Sofia Has New Owner after Aleksandar Tomov Withdraws