Bulgaria Qualifies for U-19 European Championships
Bulgaria's under-19 national football team qualified for the European Youth Championship after beating the Czech Republic 2:0 on Monday night.
Goals from Nikolay Kolev and Antonio Vutov in the second half gave Bulgaria the precious 3 points in Sliven. Following the win over Sweden on Saturday, the young Bulgarians lead the group with 6 points.
In the other group match, Sweden defeated Italy 3:1, which assures Bulgaria's first place finish, no matter what happens in the final round.
The European Championship will be played in Hungary in July.
- » Bulgaria to Skip Euro Weightlifting Contest Over Positive Doping Test
- » Bulgaria's Top Tennis Players Off to Successful Start in Miami Tennis Open
- » Potential Majority Owners Withdraw from Bulgaria's CSKA
- » Bulgaria's Borislav Mihaylov Reelected to UEFA's Executive Committee
- » Potential Majority Owner Starts Financial Inspection at Bulgaria's CSKA
- » KTB Majority Owner Withdraws from Botev Plovdiv PFC