Bulgaria Among Favorite Summer Vacation Spots of Russians
Bulgaria is on the top 10 list of most preferred summer vacation spots for Russian tourists, who do not travel in organized groups, reports Interfax.
The top three positions are taken by Spain, Italy and Portugal. The list is completed by Greece, Turkey, Bulgaria, France the Czech republic, Germany and Great Britain.
Compared to 2013, Portugal climbed in top 3 for summer 2014, while interest in Finland has decreased and Ukraine is not even on the list.
Data of sites for online reservations, quoted by Interfax, shows that the Russian tourists would spend the most for a night in a hotel in France – around EUR 112 and the least in Lithuania – around EUR 36.
The longest vacation the Russians would have in Bulgaria – an average of 15 days, Tenerife – 13 days and Majorca – 12 days.
The 10 most favorite cities for the Russians are Barcelona, Rome, Paris, Prague, Tallinn, London, Lisbon, Riga, Istanbul and Vilnius. Kiev has dropped out from the list.
- » Bulgaria Is Second Favorite Destination Among Russians
- » Bulgaria's National Tourism Council Demands Separate Ministry
- » Bulgaria's Plovdiv Among Lonely Planet's Best Travel Destinations 2015
- » Bulgaria's Varna Registers Higher Revenues, Fewer Tourists in Summer 2014
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Sees Growth in Revenue, Number of Visits in 2014
- » Bulgaria's St. Anastasia Island Attracts Over 45,000 Tourists in Summer Months