Bulgaria's Refugee Agency Bans Syrian Refugees from Voting
Bulgaria's Refugee Agency threatened the Syrian refugees of stripping them off their status, if they vote in the Syrian presidential elections on May 28, reports Sega daily.
Those, who at their own risk visit the Syrian embassy in Sofia to vote, may be stripped off their humanitarian or refugee status, as by voting, they legitimate the regime they are running away from, said the agency.
The Refugee Agency head Nikolai Chirpanliev had sent an order to the regional departments of the organization to inform all Syrian citizens of the ban. According to Chirpanliev, the reason for the warning is the recent decision of Bulgaria's Government not to allow the holding of elections for president of Syria in Bulgaria.
- » Theodor Ushev Shows for the First Time in Sofia an Immersive Art Installation and a Mixed Reality
- » Dangerous Climate Change is the Greatest Risk to the World in 2018
- » Do not Try to Suppress a Sneeze, Advise Doctors
- » An Earthquake Shook the Capital of Taiwan
- » Cruel Exploitation of Bulgarians in Germany
- » Bulgarians Honor St Anthony