Bulgaria's Refugee Agency Bans Syrian Refugees from Voting
Bulgaria's Refugee Agency threatened the Syrian refugees of stripping them off their status, if they vote in the Syrian presidential elections on May 28, reports Sega daily.
Those, who at their own risk visit the Syrian embassy in Sofia to vote, may be stripped off their humanitarian or refugee status, as by voting, they legitimate the regime they are running away from, said the agency.
The Refugee Agency head Nikolai Chirpanliev had sent an order to the regional departments of the organization to inform all Syrian citizens of the ban. According to Chirpanliev, the reason for the warning is the recent decision of Bulgaria's Government not to allow the holding of elections for president of Syria in Bulgaria.
- » Environment Ministry Warns of Heavy Downpours Throughout Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Doctors, Teachers Suffer Highest Levels of Work Related Stress
- » Japanese Drummers Yamato To Perform In Sofia Again
- » London Heathrow Cancels 10% of Flights over Hurricane Gonzalo
- » Archaeologists Unearth Bronze Belt Of Bulgar Warrior
- » Fashion Designer Oscar de la Renta Dead At 82