Bulgaria's Refugee Agency Bans Syrian Refugees from Voting
Bulgaria's Refugee Agency threatened the Syrian refugees of stripping them off their status, if they vote in the Syrian presidential elections on May 28, reports Sega daily.
Those, who at their own risk visit the Syrian embassy in Sofia to vote, may be stripped off their humanitarian or refugee status, as by voting, they legitimate the regime they are running away from, said the agency.
The Refugee Agency head Nikolai Chirpanliev had sent an order to the regional departments of the organization to inform all Syrian citizens of the ban. According to Chirpanliev, the reason for the warning is the recent decision of Bulgaria's Government not to allow the holding of elections for president of Syria in Bulgaria.
- » Urban Saints - an Exhibition by Stefan Vasilev
- » Embassy Of Azerbaijan Celebrates Spring with Music Concert Held at The Central Military Club
- » Economist Intelligence Unit: Singapore Most Expensive City Worldwide
- » Personality in the News Awards 2017
- » US Billionaire Philanthropist David Rockefeller Dies at 101
- » Vernal Equinox: First Day of Spring 2017