Bulgaria's Refugee Agency Bans Syrian Refugees from Voting
Bulgaria's Refugee Agency threatened the Syrian refugees of stripping them off their status, if they vote in the Syrian presidential elections on May 28, reports Sega daily.
Those, who at their own risk visit the Syrian embassy in Sofia to vote, may be stripped off their humanitarian or refugee status, as by voting, they legitimate the regime they are running away from, said the agency.
The Refugee Agency head Nikolai Chirpanliev had sent an order to the regional departments of the organization to inform all Syrian citizens of the ban. According to Chirpanliev, the reason for the warning is the recent decision of Bulgaria's Government not to allow the holding of elections for president of Syria in Bulgaria.
- » Forest Fire Rages near Ardino in Southern Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria to Set up Advisory National Food Board
- » Bulgaria to Scrap Injunction of People with Mental Disabilities
- » Bulgarians See Politics, Hospitals, Customs as 'Most Corrupt' - Poll
- » Pope Francis Donates Funding for Basilica in Bulgaria's First Capital
- » Night/Plovdiv to Feature Dozens of Events on September 23-24