Bulgaria's Refugee Agency Bans Syrian Refugees from Voting
Bulgaria's Refugee Agency threatened the Syrian refugees of stripping them off their status, if they vote in the Syrian presidential elections on May 28, reports Sega daily.
Those, who at their own risk visit the Syrian embassy in Sofia to vote, may be stripped off their humanitarian or refugee status, as by voting, they legitimate the regime they are running away from, said the agency.
The Refugee Agency head Nikolai Chirpanliev had sent an order to the regional departments of the organization to inform all Syrian citizens of the ban. According to Chirpanliev, the reason for the warning is the recent decision of Bulgaria's Government not to allow the holding of elections for president of Syria in Bulgaria.
- » Winter Road Maintenance Begins from November 1
- » Budget 2018 Envisages Additional 400 mln for Healthcare
- » From 2019 90% of the Territory of Bulgaria will be Protected from Hailstorms
- » Taxi Crashed into the Car of the Leader of the Bulgarian Socialist Party
- » 40% of the Places in the Higher Education Institutions in Bulgaria Remain Vacant
- » Typhoon "Lan" Hits Japan Leaving 5 People Dead