Italy Urges Ukraine to Fully Investigate Reporter’s Death
Italy's Foreign Ministry has urged Ukrainian authorities to investigate the death of reporter Andrea Rocchelli, who was killed in a mortar shell attack on Saturday in Slaviansk.
"We urge the Ukrainian authorities to track down the dynamics of the attack which killed Andrea Rocchelli", a statement on the ministry's website read.
Foreign Minister Federica Mogherini expressed her condolences to the family of the reporter and his Russian interpreter, who was also reported killed. She voiced her hopes that peace would be restored in Ukraine after the presidential elections.
Clashes between Ukrainian and pro-Russian forces intensified on Saturday around Slaviansk, in the Donetsk region. Polling stations around most of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic remained closed during Sunday's presidential elections.
- » Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey Move to Jointly Tackle Migration
- » Italy Finds 75 Migrants on Bulgarian-Flagged Yacht, Arrests Three Ukrainian Smugglers
- » Turkey, US Agree “in Principle” to Give Air Support to Syrian Rebels
- » Greece Warns of Possible Default on IMF Debt Repayment in June
- » EU, US Issue Statements Regarding Russian Ban on 'Undesirable' NGOs
- » Poland Votes Duda in Presidential Elections