Italy Urges Ukraine to Fully Investigate Reporter’s Death
Italy's Foreign Ministry has urged Ukrainian authorities to investigate the death of reporter Andrea Rocchelli, who was killed in a mortar shell attack on Saturday in Slaviansk.
"We urge the Ukrainian authorities to track down the dynamics of the attack which killed Andrea Rocchelli", a statement on the ministry's website read.
Foreign Minister Federica Mogherini expressed her condolences to the family of the reporter and his Russian interpreter, who was also reported killed. She voiced her hopes that peace would be restored in Ukraine after the presidential elections.
Clashes between Ukrainian and pro-Russian forces intensified on Saturday around Slaviansk, in the Donetsk region. Polling stations around most of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic remained closed during Sunday's presidential elections.
- » Investigation Isolates DNA from 78 Victims of Germanwings Plane Crash
- » Saudi-Led Campaign Targets Rebel Positions in Yemen’s Capital
- » Lubitz's Mental Health: Just One of Several Leads in Germanwings Plane Crash Inquiry
- » Saudi Arabia Evacuates Diplomats While Continuing Airstrikes on Yemen
- » 17 People Killed as Somali Troops Regain Control of Occupied Hotel
- » Israel to Unfreeze Tax Transfers to Palestine