Italy Urges Ukraine to Fully Investigate Reporter’s Death
Italy's Foreign Ministry has urged Ukrainian authorities to investigate the death of reporter Andrea Rocchelli, who was killed in a mortar shell attack on Saturday in Slaviansk.
"We urge the Ukrainian authorities to track down the dynamics of the attack which killed Andrea Rocchelli", a statement on the ministry's website read.
Foreign Minister Federica Mogherini expressed her condolences to the family of the reporter and his Russian interpreter, who was also reported killed. She voiced her hopes that peace would be restored in Ukraine after the presidential elections.
Clashes between Ukrainian and pro-Russian forces intensified on Saturday around Slaviansk, in the Donetsk region. Polling stations around most of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic remained closed during Sunday's presidential elections.
- » Too Early to Speak of Russian Airstrikes on IS, President Putin Says
- » Hungary to Send Army to Borders to Cope with Migrant Influx
- » Putin Says Assad Ready to Hold Early Elections
- » Germany, France Agree on Need for Mandatory Quotas to Distribute Migrants in EU
- » Serbia Calls on EU to Define Clear Policy on Migrants
- » EU Ambassadors Agree to Extend Sanctions Against Russia over Ukraine Crisis