Italy Urges Ukraine to Fully Investigate Reporter’s Death
Italy's Foreign Ministry has urged Ukrainian authorities to investigate the death of reporter Andrea Rocchelli, who was killed in a mortar shell attack on Saturday in Slaviansk.
"We urge the Ukrainian authorities to track down the dynamics of the attack which killed Andrea Rocchelli", a statement on the ministry's website read.
Foreign Minister Federica Mogherini expressed her condolences to the family of the reporter and his Russian interpreter, who was also reported killed. She voiced her hopes that peace would be restored in Ukraine after the presidential elections.
Clashes between Ukrainian and pro-Russian forces intensified on Saturday around Slaviansk, in the Donetsk region. Polling stations around most of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic remained closed during Sunday's presidential elections.
- » Serbian Hunter Suspected of Shooting Afghan Migrant Dead near Pirot
- » Turkey Starts Military Operation in Syria to Push IS Group Back from Border
- » Montenegro’s Igor Luksic Withdraws from Race for Top UN Job
- » Migrant Arrivals by Sea in Europe in 2016 Top 269,000 - IOM
- » Athens Warns of 41,000 Migrants Ready to Go to Western Europe
- » Turkey Recalls Envoy to Vienna ‘to Revise' Ties after Austria Bans Anti-coup Rally