Italy Urges Ukraine to Fully Investigate Reporter’s Death
Italy's Foreign Ministry has urged Ukrainian authorities to investigate the death of reporter Andrea Rocchelli, who was killed in a mortar shell attack on Saturday in Slaviansk.
"We urge the Ukrainian authorities to track down the dynamics of the attack which killed Andrea Rocchelli", a statement on the ministry's website read.
Foreign Minister Federica Mogherini expressed her condolences to the family of the reporter and his Russian interpreter, who was also reported killed. She voiced her hopes that peace would be restored in Ukraine after the presidential elections.
Clashes between Ukrainian and pro-Russian forces intensified on Saturday around Slaviansk, in the Donetsk region. Polling stations around most of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic remained closed during Sunday's presidential elections.
- » Canada to Stop Bombing IS, Stepping Up Training of Local Troops
- » Russia Detains Suspected IS Cell Plotting Attacks in Moscow, St. Petersburg
- » Ilinden Crossing on Bulgaria-Greece Border Expected to Reopen at 10 p.m. Monday
- » IOM: Migrant Arrivals to Europe Likely to Exceed One Million in 2016
- » Greece Could Change Pension Reform Plans amid Protests
- » Greek Farmers to Renew Blockade at Border with Bulgaria