1072 Fake Banknotes Caught in Bulgaria in Q1 2014
A total of 1072 fake Bulgarian banknotes were apprehended in the National Center for Analysis of Bulgaria's central bank (BNB) in Q1 1014, shows the bank's statistics.
They are by 326 more year-on-year. Their relative share of the total currency circulation is 0.000326%.
The BNB data shows that the most popular fake banknote is of BGN 10 – around 50% of the apprehended fake banknotes. This, according to the bank, is a new trend. Previously the most popular fake banknote was of BGN 20, which now holds a 32% share. The BGN 50 banknote comprises 12% of the fake banknotes.
- » Death Toll in Italy Quake Rises to 267
- » Valuable Ancient Jewelry Found in Private Home in Bulgaria's Nikopol
- » Death Toll in Italian Earthquake Rises to 247
- » 8-century Old Church in Melnik Now Opens for Visitors
- » Fire on One of Plovdiv's Historic Hills
- » Death Toll from Italian Earthquake Reaches 38