1072 Fake Banknotes Caught in Bulgaria in Q1 2014
A total of 1072 fake Bulgarian banknotes were apprehended in the National Center for Analysis of Bulgaria's central bank (BNB) in Q1 1014, shows the bank's statistics.
They are by 326 more year-on-year. Their relative share of the total currency circulation is 0.000326%.
The BNB data shows that the most popular fake banknote is of BGN 10 – around 50% of the apprehended fake banknotes. This, according to the bank, is a new trend. Previously the most popular fake banknote was of BGN 20, which now holds a 32% share. The BGN 50 banknote comprises 12% of the fake banknotes.
- » Three-Day Bulgarian Tourist Fair Opens Doors in Paris
- » Fire Causes Death of Two People in Downtown Sofia
- » No Risk for Bulgaria from Forest Fires Around Ukraine’s Chernobyl
- » Bulgarian Ambassador to US Says Was Subject to Hack Attack
- » NGO Threatens to Sue Bulgaria over Forced Demolition of Homes in Roma District of Garmen
- » Two Bulgarian Ad Agencies Nominated in Cannes Lions Festival