1072 Fake Banknotes Caught in Bulgaria in Q1 2014
A total of 1072 fake Bulgarian banknotes were apprehended in the National Center for Analysis of Bulgaria's central bank (BNB) in Q1 1014, shows the bank's statistics.
They are by 326 more year-on-year. Their relative share of the total currency circulation is 0.000326%.
The BNB data shows that the most popular fake banknote is of BGN 10 – around 50% of the apprehended fake banknotes. This, according to the bank, is a new trend. Previously the most popular fake banknote was of BGN 20, which now holds a 32% share. The BGN 50 banknote comprises 12% of the fake banknotes.
- » Serbian Court Places Tsvetan Vasilev Under Recognizance Order
- » Fresh Threats Directed at KTB's Vasilev, His Lawyer Says
- » Two Million Bulgarians Complain of Excessive Noise Exposure
- » Bulgarian Environment Ministry Warns of Possible Flash Floods
- » Bulgaria's Capital Celebrates St. Sofia Day
- » Tsvetan Vasilev Has Sought Contact with Authorities in Belgrade