Bulgaria's Shopska Salad Most Liked by Europeans
Bulgaria's probably most favourite dish – the Shopska Salad – topped the culinary preferences of the Europeans.
It garnered 19 529 facebook Likes in the European Parliament's campaign “A Taste of Europe”, which started several weeks before the European Elections.
In it the citizens of the 28 EU member states could vote for their favourite national dish.
The shopska salad won a landslide victory, leaving far behind Lithuania's Saltibarsciai cold red beet soup, with 6019 likes and Romania's Sarmale cabbage rolls are in third place with 1265 Likes.
- » Queen's Legendary Guitarist Brian May to Perform in Bulgaria in March 2016
- » Bulgaria ex-FinMin Quits as Rector of Russia University
- » 'I Lived 152 Lives,' Claudia Cardinale Says in Bulgaria's Sofia
- » Probe Launched into Pile-Up on Bulgaria's Hemus Motorway
- » At Least Three Dead, Two Heavily Injured in Pile-up on Bulgaria's Hemus Motorway
- » Average Life Expectancy in Bulgaria: 74 Years