Bulgaria's Shopska Salad Most Liked by Europeans
Bulgaria's probably most favourite dish – the Shopska Salad – topped the culinary preferences of the Europeans.
It garnered 19 529 facebook Likes in the European Parliament's campaign “A Taste of Europe”, which started several weeks before the European Elections.
In it the citizens of the 28 EU member states could vote for their favourite national dish.
The shopska salad won a landslide victory, leaving far behind Lithuania's Saltibarsciai cold red beet soup, with 6019 likes and Romania's Sarmale cabbage rolls are in third place with 1265 Likes.
- » Forest Fire Rages near Ardino in Southern Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria to Set up Advisory National Food Board
- » Bulgaria to Scrap Injunction of People with Mental Disabilities
- » Bulgarians See Politics, Hospitals, Customs as 'Most Corrupt' - Poll
- » Pope Francis Donates Funding for Basilica in Bulgaria's First Capital
- » Night/Plovdiv to Feature Dozens of Events on September 23-24