Bulgaria's Shopska Salad Most Liked by Europeans
Bulgaria's probably most favourite dish – the Shopska Salad – topped the culinary preferences of the Europeans.
It garnered 19 529 facebook Likes in the European Parliament's campaign “A Taste of Europe”, which started several weeks before the European Elections.
In it the citizens of the 28 EU member states could vote for their favourite national dish.
The shopska salad won a landslide victory, leaving far behind Lithuania's Saltibarsciai cold red beet soup, with 6019 likes and Romania's Sarmale cabbage rolls are in third place with 1265 Likes.
- » Sofia Metro To Reach Airport In April
- » Photo From Bulgarians' 2013 Protests Featured In Hollywood Film
- » EU Greenhouse Gas Emissions Dropped by Almost 2% in 2013
- » Finnish Diva Tarja Turunen With Concert In Sofia
- » Funding For Road Maintenance Siphoned Off For Other Projects
- » Thousands Suffer Power Cuts, Blackouts After Bulgaria's First Snow