Tsvetana Pironkova Into French Open Second Round
Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova defeated Annika Beck 6:7, 6:3, 6:2 in the first round of the French Open tennis tournament.
Despite losing a tight first set in a tie break, Pironkova regained her confidence in the second and third sets to turn things around. This was her first win over the German in their 3 meetings.
In the second round, Pironkova will most likely face number 7 seed Maria Sharapova. The Russian first has to win her match against Ksenia Pervak however, which is scheduled for Monday afternoon.
- » Bulgarian Football Union Approves Ivaylo Petev Unanimously
- » Ivaylo Petev 'to Become' Coach of Bulgaria's Men National Football Team
- » Bulgaria IntMin Continues Investigation of Alleged Football Match Fixing
- » Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Defeated by Real Madrid 0:4
- » Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Losing to Real Madrid 0:2 in 1st Half
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Travels to Madrid in Search of a Miracle