Tsvetana Pironkova Into French Open Second Round
Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova defeated Annika Beck 6:7, 6:3, 6:2 in the first round of the French Open tennis tournament.
Despite losing a tight first set in a tie break, Pironkova regained her confidence in the second and third sets to turn things around. This was her first win over the German in their 3 meetings.
In the second round, Pironkova will most likely face number 7 seed Maria Sharapova. The Russian first has to win her match against Ksenia Pervak however, which is scheduled for Monday afternoon.
- » Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Reaches Champions League Group Stage
- » Bulgarian rhythmic Gymnastics Captain: We played like lions
- » Bulgaria with Bronze Medal after Impressive Performance in Rio Rhythmic Gymnastics
- » Dimitrov defeated by Cilic at Cincinnati Masters
- » Mirela Demireva Brings Home Silver Medal for Bulgaria in Rio Olympics
- » Bulgaria's Nevyana Vladinova Scores 7th in first ever Olympic Finals