Tsvetana Pironkova Into French Open Second Round
Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova defeated Annika Beck 6:7, 6:3, 6:2 in the first round of the French Open tennis tournament.
Despite losing a tight first set in a tie break, Pironkova regained her confidence in the second and third sets to turn things around. This was her first win over the German in their 3 meetings.
In the second round, Pironkova will most likely face number 7 seed Maria Sharapova. The Russian first has to win her match against Ksenia Pervak however, which is scheduled for Monday afternoon.
- » At Least 110 Bulgarians to Compete in European Games 2015
- » Skiers Speak Out Against FIS Reaction to Dangerous Race Conditions
- » Anna Fenninger Records Second Victory at Ski World Cup in Bansko
- » Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov Drops Out of ATP Top Ten
- » Anna Fenninger Wins Alpine Skiing World Cup Combined Race in Bansko
- » Fenninger Wins First Run of World Cup Ladies Combined in Bansko