Tsvetana Pironkova Into French Open Second Round
Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova defeated Annika Beck 6:7, 6:3, 6:2 in the first round of the French Open tennis tournament.
Despite losing a tight first set in a tie break, Pironkova regained her confidence in the second and third sets to turn things around. This was her first win over the German in their 3 meetings.
In the second round, Pironkova will most likely face number 7 seed Maria Sharapova. The Russian first has to win her match against Ksenia Pervak however, which is scheduled for Monday afternoon.
- » Draw Confirms Exclusion of CSKA, Lokomotiv Sofia from Bulgaria's A Group
- » Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov Starts Wimbledon with Convincing Win against Delbonis
- » Bulgaria Finishes 27th at First European Games after Claiming Ten Medals
- » Bulgaria's Volleyball Team Scores Another Victory against Cuba
- » Bulgaria Grabs Silver after Losing Men's Volleyball Final in Baku
- » Bulgaria's Stoevi Sisters Claim Gold at Women's Doubles Badminton in Baku