Tsvetana Pironkova Into French Open Second Round
Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova defeated Annika Beck 6:7, 6:3, 6:2 in the first round of the French Open tennis tournament.
Despite losing a tight first set in a tie break, Pironkova regained her confidence in the second and third sets to turn things around. This was her first win over the German in their 3 meetings.
In the second round, Pironkova will most likely face number 7 seed Maria Sharapova. The Russian first has to win her match against Ksenia Pervak however, which is scheduled for Monday afternoon.
- » CSKA Sofia Claims Bulgarian Cup in Historic Final
- » Two Bulgarian Mountaineers Ascend World's Fifth Highest Peak
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Remains Sole Bulgarian Representative at Roland Garros
- » Tennis: Bulgaria's Dimitrov to Face Serbia's Troicki in Postponed Match in Paris Monday
- » Tennis: Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Faces Serbia’s Troicki in Paris Sunday
- » Poll Names Bulgaria's Dimitrov 'Most Overrated Tennis Player'