Heavy Rains, Earthquake Reported in Macedonian Capital Skopje
Heavy rainfalls have flooded areas of Macedonian capital Skopje, Sunday.
Apart from the rains, Macedonia saw significant amounts of hail and strong winds of 70m/s during the day, MINA news agency reports.
At 11.03 pm Skopje was shaken by an earthquake with a magnitude of 3.7 on the Richter scale, Bulgarian Vesti informs based on Macedonian media reports. The epicenter of the quake was 8 km away from the city. So far there have been no reports of serious damages or casualties.
On Saturday, May 24, parts of Bulgaria, Greece and Turkey were rattled by a 6.5-6.9 earthquake with epicenter off the Greek island of Samothrace in the Aegean Sea.
- » Iran Satellite TV Head Shot Dead in Istanbul
- » Macedonia Opposition Plans to Form Govt After Violence
- » UK PM May Braces for Difficult Brexit Talks After EU Adopts Tough Stance
- » EU Says United Ireland Would Be Automatic Full Member
- » EU Leaders Negotiating Common Position On Brexit
- » Turkish Authorities Block Access to Wikipedia