Court Acquits Tsvetan Tsvetanov
Sofia City Court acquitted former interior minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov who was tried for embezzlement.
The prosecution accused Tsvetanov for large-scale embezzling to the tune of BGN 50 000 from the budget of the Interior Ministry.
The sum was allegedly embezzled to the benefit of another person, Orlin Todorov, former head of the anti-mafia unit (GDBOP, the Interior Ministry's Chief Directorate Combating Organized Crime) in Veliko Tarnovo.
The Sofia City Court is due to rule in another case against Tsvetanov on Thursday – for allegedly obstructing surveillance permits. Three of the six permits were for Orlin Todorov, former director of the GDBOP unit in Veliko Tarnovo.
- » Filmmaker to Set Up Party on Bulgaria's Independence Day
- » PACE Delegation Arrives on Pre-Electoral Visit to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Interior Ministry Headcount May Increase by 1700
- » Gov't Grants BGN 28 M to Municipalities with Assets in KTB
- » Turkey’s Chief Prosecutor to Arrive in Bulgaria on 3-Day Visit
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Govt Suspends Investment Program of Socialist-Led Cabinet