Court Acquits Tsvetan Tsvetanov
Sofia City Court acquitted former interior minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov who was tried for embezzlement.
The prosecution accused Tsvetanov for large-scale embezzling to the tune of BGN 50 000 from the budget of the Interior Ministry.
The sum was allegedly embezzled to the benefit of another person, Orlin Todorov, former head of the anti-mafia unit (GDBOP, the Interior Ministry's Chief Directorate Combating Organized Crime) in Veliko Tarnovo.
The Sofia City Court is due to rule in another case against Tsvetanov on Thursday – for allegedly obstructing surveillance permits. Three of the six permits were for Orlin Todorov, former director of the GDBOP unit in Veliko Tarnovo.
- » Court to Sit on Bulgarian DOST Party's Denied Registration
- » Bulgarians Expect Situation in Turkey to Worsen after Failed Coup Attempt - Poll
- » Bulgarian PM Warns of Rising Migration Pressure along Southern Border
- » Chief Prosecutor: 'Thin' Line between Anti-Terror Measures, Human Rights
- » Bulgarian Police Detain 45 Migrants Crossing into Serbia
- » Bulgaria Nationalist Leader Welcomes Turkey Coup