Low Voting Turnout among Bulgarians Abroad
Only 21,810 Bulgarians voted abroad in the European elections, as of 8 pm Bulgarian time.
The highest number of expat votes came from Spain, where 4,537 Bulgarians voted, Dnevnik reported. In Belgium, 2,190 people voted, 1,538 in Greece, 1,911 in Great Britain, 1,498 in France, and 1,571 in Germany.
Other countries in which a higher number of Bulgarians voted were the Netherlands, Austria, and Macedonia.
Bulgaria’s Foreign Ministry informed that voting passed smoothly in all polling stations outside the country.
- » Bulgarian Electoral Commission Starts Registration for Early Elections
- » Jean-Claude Juncker Elected President of EU Commission
- » Jean-Claude Juncker To Be Approved As Head of European Commission
- » Bulgaria ex-Environment Mininster 'Might Head EP Committee'
- » Martin Schulz Re-elected as European Parliament President
- » New European Parliament to Hold Opening Session