GERB Leader Borisov: Govt Must Resign After these Results
The leader of the GERB party and former Prime Minister Boyko Borisov called on the government to resign following the European Elections.
“From the current exit poll results, there is one winner, and it is GERB. Once again we defeat the Socialists, and the leader of the European Socialists PES. This was a no-confidence vote. They (the ruling coalition) must resign immediately. With Ataka not in the European Parliament (according to these results), this fragile coalition cannot remain in Parliament”, Borisov said, in his usual fiery tone.
“It is hypocritical if after 2 consecutive elections in which we win, we remain out of power. If PM Oresharski has any morals, he must resign as early as tonight”, Borisov added.
- » Jean-Claude Juncker Elected President of EU Commission
- » Jean-Claude Juncker To Be Approved As Head of European Commission
- » Bulgaria ex-Environment Mininster 'Might Head EP Committee'
- » Martin Schulz Re-elected as European Parliament President
- » New European Parliament to Hold Opening Session
- » EU Leaders Back Jean-Claude Juncker as EU Commission President