GERB, Bulgaria Without Censorship 'Could Demand Early Vote - Expert
GERB and Bulgaria Without Censorship could demand early elections after May 25 European elections, Gallup International's Dimitar Ganev said Sunday.
His comments came nearly an hour after exit poll results were announced, showing that the center-right opposition GERB had a clear lead on ruling Bulgarian Socialist Party (GERB). The expert acknowledged that Gallup's estimates were the ones displaying the furthest distance between GERB and the ruling Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP).
Ganev believes that the coalition of right parties, the Reformist Bloc, is not to send its "number one" in the list, Meglena Kuneva, Svetoslav Malinov, who is second, as preference vote was especially strong within those who cast a ballot for the bloc.
The same goes for journalist-turned-politician Nikolay Barekov's Bulgaria without Censorship, which scored a huge victory coming fourth less than a year after being established as a party. Its supporters have also tried to rearrange elections list, which could give a certain chance to the "runner-up", Angel Dzhambazki, who heads the nationalist VMRO.
- » Phantom Voters in Bulgaria 'Surpass 1.2 M'
- » Bulgarian Electoral Commission Starts Registration for Early Elections
- » Jean-Claude Juncker Elected President of EU Commission
- » Jean-Claude Juncker To Be Approved As Head of European Commission
- » Bulgaria ex-Environment Mininster 'Might Head EP Committee'
- » Martin Schulz Re-elected as European Parliament President