GERB 'With 2 MEPs' Lead on Ruling BSP - Polling Agency
Bulgaria's center-right opposition could lead on the Bulgarian Socialist Party with as many as 2 MEPs according to exit polls, the agency Mediana said after the first results of the European elections.
Former Prime Minister Boyko Borisov's Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria (GERB), to which most polls have ascribed victory, is to send 6 MEPs into the European Parliament, while the Bulgarian Socialist Party is likely to have only four, Mediana's Kolyo Kolev said for the private channel TV7.
The Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) will probably count on three MEPS, and ex-journalist Nikolay Barekov's newly-established Bulgaria without Censorship is to have two representatives in Brussels, Kolev believes.
The Reformist Bloc, a coalition of right parties which managed to pass the threshold of 5.88% against some expectations, is poised to gain one European Parliament seat.
- » Bulgarian Electoral Commission Starts Registration for Early Elections
- » Jean-Claude Juncker Elected President of EU Commission
- » Jean-Claude Juncker To Be Approved As Head of European Commission
- » Bulgaria ex-Environment Mininster 'Might Head EP Committee'
- » Martin Schulz Re-elected as European Parliament President
- » New European Parliament to Hold Opening Session