Ukrainians Vote En Masse, Elections in Eastern Ukraine Fail
The Ukrainian news agencies report that the voter turnout in the early presidential elections in Ukraine is high.
In eastern Ukrainian regions Donetsk and Luhansk, however, the pro-Russian separatists have practically ruined the elections. According to the Unian wire service, in Donetsk the polling stations are closed and shortly after noon armed men started shooting in the city center.
In the Donetsk region remain closed over 82% of the polling stations.
In the Luhansk region elections are taking place in two out of 12 electoral districts and voter turnout at noon was around 18%.
In Mariupol opened 202 out of 216 polling stations.
- » Greece May Rely On New Rescue Programme
- » Trial Starts in Turkey Against 47 People Accused of Attempting To Kill Erdogan
- » EU Grants EUR 18 M in Humanitarian Aid for Ukraine
- » New Ceasefire Agreement To Enter Into Force in Ukraine
- » Bulgaria Pays EUR 1 M for Court of Human Rights Verdicts
- » Putin Allows Recognition of Passports from Donetsk, Luhansk 'Republics'