Ukrainians Vote En Masse, Elections in Eastern Ukraine Fail
The Ukrainian news agencies report that the voter turnout in the early presidential elections in Ukraine is high.
In eastern Ukrainian regions Donetsk and Luhansk, however, the pro-Russian separatists have practically ruined the elections. According to the Unian wire service, in Donetsk the polling stations are closed and shortly after noon armed men started shooting in the city center.
In the Donetsk region remain closed over 82% of the polling stations.
In the Luhansk region elections are taking place in two out of 12 electoral districts and voter turnout at noon was around 18%.
In Mariupol opened 202 out of 216 polling stations.
- » EU Commission Unveils Migrant Relocation & Resettlement Plan
- » Macedonian Opposition Leader Zaev Expects Crisis Will Be Over by End-June
- » Russian Official Declares Mistral Deal Dead
- » British Queen Announces EU Referendum to Be Held Before End of 2017
- » Danish Prime Minister Calls Early General Election in June
- » NATO Chief Urges Russia to Avoid Snap Military Drills