Ukrainians Vote En Masse, Elections in Eastern Ukraine Fail
The Ukrainian news agencies report that the voter turnout in the early presidential elections in Ukraine is high.
In eastern Ukrainian regions Donetsk and Luhansk, however, the pro-Russian separatists have practically ruined the elections. According to the Unian wire service, in Donetsk the polling stations are closed and shortly after noon armed men started shooting in the city center.
In the Donetsk region remain closed over 82% of the polling stations.
In the Luhansk region elections are taking place in two out of 12 electoral districts and voter turnout at noon was around 18%.
In Mariupol opened 202 out of 216 polling stations.
- » Two Armed Attackers on Istanbul Police Department Neutralised
- » Russian Trawler Sinks Off Kamchatka Peninsula, 54 Confirmed Dead
- » Jay Ogilvy: “No Winner-Take-All Solution" Likely to Succeed in Ukraine
- » 108 Dead Pelicans Found in Romanian Section of Danube Delta
- » Two Armed Men Raid Office of Turkey's Ruling Party in Istanbul
- » Member States Divided as EU Abolishes Milk Quotas