Bogus Plays, Weather Forecast Hint at EP Election Results in Bulgaria
As Bulgaria got halfway through its European Parliament elections, a number of news sites published bogus forecasts indicating runners' likely standings.
The news portals deployed a range of tricks to sidestep a ban on announcing intermediate results, for instance by using names of theatrical performances, temperatures measured around the headquarters of the parties, names of songs, etc.
According to mediapool,bg, the best-selling theatrical performances are, "Muscovites by the Dozen", backed by 20.5 - 23.6% of the audience, depending on the results of the different rating agencies.
"The Son of the Great Merkel" is backed by 25-27% of the audience.
"Lafka ("canteen") in the Seraglio" is backed by 22-13.6% of the audience.
"Bulgaria without Kangaroos" is backed by 8.3% of the audience.
"Roommates in the Block" is backed by an audience of 5.2%, "A for Aragli" by 2.4-3.6%, "The Colonialist from Varadero" by 2.9-4.5%, "The Alien from the Other Skat" by 2.7%.
According to private TV station bTV, the strongest cyclone by 12 noon on Sunday is the blue cyclone, at a speed of 28.5 meters per second.
The red cyclone is the second strongest, at a speed of 20.6 m/s, followed by the purple cyclone with a speed of 15.4 m/s, and the yellow cyclone at a speed of 11.4 m/s.
The fifth strongest cyclone moves at a speed of 5.9 m/s and all other cyclones are too weak to deserve mentioning on the map.
- » Phantom Voters in Bulgaria 'Surpass 1.2 M'
- » Bulgarian Electoral Commission Starts Registration for Early Elections
- » Jean-Claude Juncker Elected President of EU Commission
- » Jean-Claude Juncker To Be Approved As Head of European Commission
- » Bulgaria ex-Environment Mininster 'Might Head EP Committee'
- » Martin Schulz Re-elected as European Parliament President