Unit 5 of Bulgaria's Kozloduy NPP Switched On after Annual Overhaul
The planned annual overhaul of the 1000-MW unit 5 of the Kozloduy nuclear power plant has been wrapped up.
After the completion of a probe of the Bulgarian Nuclear Regulatory Agency and a permit issued by the chair of the watchdog, the N-plant unit was switched on at 10 am on Sunday, according to a media statement of the Kozloduy NPP.
During the outage, which started on April 20, the N-plant unit underwent the necessary repairs and preventive inspections of equipment, including the implementation of the measures under the National Action Plan of Bulgaria after the stress tests.
Unit 5 of the Kozloduy NPP was recharged with fresh nuclear fuel for the next fuel campaign.
The other 100-MW unit of the Kozloduy NPP, unit 6, is working at full capacity in line with the schedule coordinated with the Electricity System Operator (ESO).
- » Protests "For" and "Against" Belene Nuclear Power Plant
- » The Bulgarian Socialist Party will Officially File a Request for Suspension of the CEZ Deal
- » Oil Prices Continue to Rise
- » The Bulgarian Cabinet said "Yes" to Restart the Nuclear Power Plant "Belene", China Wants to Invest
- » Bulgarian Minister of Energy: We will Bring the Belene NPP Report to Parliament within Days
- » The Future Gas Hub near Varna Became an Object of National Importance for Bulgaria