Police Chief: 10 Pre-Trial Proceedings for Vote-Buying Opened So Far
Todor Grebenarov, head of the National Police Chief Directorate of the Interior Ministry, has said that the Election Day started normally, with no crude voting-related breaches.
Asked to present details about the ongoing European Parliament election, Grebenarov, as cited by the Bulgarian National Radio, informed that a total of 12059 police officers are directly involved in guarding a total of 11 722 polling stations across the country.
He said that the prosecuting authority had initiated 160 cases, of which 111 had been terminated, activities were still underway on 49 cases, and 10 cases had grown into pre-trial proceedings for vote-buying.
- » BGN 8M Drained by Credit Card Skimmers in 2013
- » Court Halts 'Lost Files' Trial Against Bulgarian ex-Socialist Leader
- » US to Extradite to Bulgaria Convicted Human Smuggler
- » Four Bulgarians Busted in Greece for Fake Money Distribution
- » 44-Year-Old Bulgarian Faces 10 Years in Jail in Austria for Drug Trafficking
- » Police Bust 2 Meth Labs, Cannabis Greenhouse in Sofia