Police Chief: 10 Pre-Trial Proceedings for Vote-Buying Opened So Far
Todor Grebenarov, head of the National Police Chief Directorate of the Interior Ministry, has said that the Election Day started normally, with no crude voting-related breaches.
Asked to present details about the ongoing European Parliament election, Grebenarov, as cited by the Bulgarian National Radio, informed that a total of 12059 police officers are directly involved in guarding a total of 11 722 polling stations across the country.
He said that the prosecuting authority had initiated 160 cases, of which 111 had been terminated, activities were still underway on 49 cases, and 10 cases had grown into pre-trial proceedings for vote-buying.
- » Last-Instance Court to Sit on Bulgarian Ex Spy Chief's 10-Year Sentence
- » Bulgaria Handed over 72 Turkish Nationals in 2016
- » Bulgarian Border Police Officers Taken into Custody amid Corruption Charges
- » Arrested Syrian Albakir Planned To Attack Berlin Airport
- » Turkish Citizen Arrested With 30 Kg of Heroin
- » Bulgarian Police Find 65 Migrants Hiding in Cargo Train