Police Chief: 10 Pre-Trial Proceedings for Vote-Buying Opened So Far
Todor Grebenarov, head of the National Police Chief Directorate of the Interior Ministry, has said that the Election Day started normally, with no crude voting-related breaches.
Asked to present details about the ongoing European Parliament election, Grebenarov, as cited by the Bulgarian National Radio, informed that a total of 12059 police officers are directly involved in guarding a total of 11 722 polling stations across the country.
He said that the prosecuting authority had initiated 160 cases, of which 111 had been terminated, activities were still underway on 49 cases, and 10 cases had grown into pre-trial proceedings for vote-buying.
- » Mayor of Bulgaria's Galiche Remains in Custody
- » Bulgarian Jailed in Indonesia over ATM Fraud
- » Bulgaria's Prosecution to Demand Custody for Mayor of Galiche
- » Mayor of Bulgaria's Galiche Arrested in Specialised Police Operation
- » Bulgarian Customs Seize Amphetamines, Anabolic Steroids at Kapitan Andreevo Checkpoint
- » Bulgarian Nationalist MP Sentenced to Two Years of Probation