Police Chief: 10 Pre-Trial Proceedings for Vote-Buying Opened So Far
Todor Grebenarov, head of the National Police Chief Directorate of the Interior Ministry, has said that the Election Day started normally, with no crude voting-related breaches.
Asked to present details about the ongoing European Parliament election, Grebenarov, as cited by the Bulgarian National Radio, informed that a total of 12059 police officers are directly involved in guarding a total of 11 722 polling stations across the country.
He said that the prosecuting authority had initiated 160 cases, of which 111 had been terminated, activities were still underway on 49 cases, and 10 cases had grown into pre-trial proceedings for vote-buying.
- » Pazardzhik Imam Charged With Membership of War-Propagating Group
- » Five Detained in Pazardzhik Released, Imam Remains Under Arrest
- » Bulgaria Nationalist Leader Volen Siderov Gives Up Immunity
- » Lebanese Police Arrests 'Dangerous' Bulgarian Drug Expert
- » Bulgaria Prosecution 'Subject to Political Pressure' - Chief Prosecutor
- » Bulgaria Imam Detained in Operation Against 'Anti-Democratic Ideology' In 4 Cities