Police Chief: 10 Pre-Trial Proceedings for Vote-Buying Opened So Far
Todor Grebenarov, head of the National Police Chief Directorate of the Interior Ministry, has said that the Election Day started normally, with no crude voting-related breaches.
Asked to present details about the ongoing European Parliament election, Grebenarov, as cited by the Bulgarian National Radio, informed that a total of 12059 police officers are directly involved in guarding a total of 11 722 polling stations across the country.
He said that the prosecuting authority had initiated 160 cases, of which 111 had been terminated, activities were still underway on 49 cases, and 10 cases had grown into pre-trial proceedings for vote-buying.
- » Russia Could Have Laundered Up to USD 80 B Via Moldova, Latvia
- » E-mails About Non-existent Debt Steal Personal Data, Passwords
- » Drunk Man Tries to Steal a Car with Small child in Sofia
- » Migrant Injured as Border Police Chase Smugglers' Car
- » Three Bombs Explode in Central Sofia, Police Looking into Hooliganism
- » Bulgaria's Ex-Ambassador to US Quits Warsaw Job after Cosmetics Incident - JTA