Around 135 Aftershocks Registered After Saturday Earthquake in Greece
Seismologists registered around 135 aftershocks between the Saturday 6.9 Richter scale earthquake in the Aegean Sea and Sunday morning.
Around 20 of them were of 4 Richter scale or a little higher, the remaining are between 2.8 and 3.
Those aftershocks were not felt in Bulgaria, said Irena Alexandrova of the National Institute for Geophysics and Geography.
According to her those minor quakes are aftershock and are abating.
The 6.9 quake stirred panic in western Turkey and in Greece and caused some material damages.
- » Bulgaria's Koprivshtitsa Festival Added to UNESCO Heritage List
- » Sofia Hosts 3rd Global Summit for Preemies
- » Anti-Migrant Protest Held in Bulgarian Border Town
- » St Nicholas Day Marked in Bulgaria on Tuesday
- » First Sofia Metro Line Running Again after Monday Failure
- » Exhibition about Lion as Symbol of Bulgarians Still Running in Bucharest