Real Madrid Wins the Champions League
Real Madrid won the Champions League for the 10th time thanks to extra time goals from Gareth Bale, Marcelo and Cristiano Ronaldo to beat Atletico Madrid 4-1 in Lisbon on Saturday.
Atletico Madrid had an advantage of 1:0 for most of the game, but in the 93rd minute Sergio Ramos scored and took the game into extra time.
In the 110th minute Gareth Bale scored for Real Madrid. By the end of the game, two more goals were scored by Marcelo and Cristiano Ronaldo.
"It is the most important goal I have scored," said Ramos, quoted by AFP. "It is an incredible feeling. We kept fighting until the end for the fans. It is not my goal, but one for all Madrid fans, my family and all those that have supported us until the end. We deserved it after so many years."
Real coach Carlo Ancelotti, meanwhile, becomes the first man since Bob Paisley to win the competition three times. "We have done it with a lot of suffering and difficulty, but in the end we have done it and we deserved it," said the Italian.
"I am very happy for this because we have won a trophy that for Real Madrid is very important. We have worked hard all year for this."
- » CSKA Sofia Returns to Bulgaria's Top Football Division
- » Bulgarian Defender Ivan Ivanov joins Greece’s Football Club Panathinaikos
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Makes It Past Wimbledon's 1st Round
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Starts in Wimbledon on Monday
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov to Face Bjorn Fratangelo at Wimbledon
- » Bulgaria's Stiliyan Petrov to Join Aston Villa for Pre-season Training