Epicenter of Earthquake Located off Greek Samothrace Island
The epicenter of the earthquake which occurred on May 24 is near the Greek island of Samothrace, Bulgaria's National Institute of Geophysics, Geodesy and Geography reports.
The magnitude of the quake that shook Bulgaria and Greece at 12.25 was 6.9 on the Richter scale, according to the latest data by the European-Mediterranean Seismological Center.
"Currently, Sofia municipality has no data of injured or material damage. If you have any information of damage, report to 112," Sofia mayor Yordanka Fandakova posted on Twitter.
- » First Snow Falls in Bulgaria's Northwest
- » Minor Jolts Registered in SW Bulgaria
- » Minor 2.8-Magnitude Earthquake Rocks Southwestern Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Village of Belozem Declares State of Emergency
- » Bulgarian Authorities Issue Red Code Over Heavy Rain, Strong Winds in Burgas
- » 15 Districts in Bulgaria under ‘Code Yellow’ Weather Alert over Heavy Rain