Epicenter of Earthquake Located off Greek Samothrace Island
The epicenter of the earthquake which occurred on May 24 is near the Greek island of Samothrace, Bulgaria's National Institute of Geophysics, Geodesy and Geography reports.
The magnitude of the quake that shook Bulgaria and Greece at 12.25 was 6.9 on the Richter scale, according to the latest data by the European-Mediterranean Seismological Center.
"Currently, Sofia municipality has no data of injured or material damage. If you have any information of damage, report to 112," Sofia mayor Yordanka Fandakova posted on Twitter.
- » Bulgaria's Environment Ministry Warns of Possible Flash Floods
- » 6 Bulgarian Districts Bracing for Heavy Rain, Thunderstorms, Hail
- » Bulgarian Tourism Organizations Sign Environment Protection Memorandum
- » Bulgaria's Southern Black Sea Coast Returns to Normal after Floods
- » Code Yellow in 5 Bulgarian Districts over Hail, Torrents Friday
- » Code Yellow Issued in 7 Districts over Risk of Hail, Thunderstorms