Epicenter of Earthquake Located off Greek Samothrace Island
The epicenter of the earthquake which occurred on May 24 is near the Greek island of Samothrace, Bulgaria's National Institute of Geophysics, Geodesy and Geography reports.
The magnitude of the quake that shook Bulgaria and Greece at 12.25 was 6.9 on the Richter scale, according to the latest data by the European-Mediterranean Seismological Center.
"Currently, Sofia municipality has no data of injured or material damage. If you have any information of damage, report to 112," Sofia mayor Yordanka Fandakova posted on Twitter.
- » Strong South Winds Expected in Bulgaria Saturday
- » Bulgaria Warns of Potentially Dangerous Rainfall in Burgas Region
- » Spring-Like Temperatures Expected in Bulgaria This Month
- » EU Project Aims to Return Black Vulture to Bulgaria
- » Code Yellow Warning for Most of Bulgaria as Temperatures Rising
- » Coldest Night of Winter Hits Bulgaria, Warming Ahead