Epicenter of Earthquake Located off Greek Samothrace Island
The epicenter of the earthquake which occurred on May 24 is near the Greek island of Samothrace, Bulgaria's National Institute of Geophysics, Geodesy and Geography reports.
The magnitude of the quake that shook Bulgaria and Greece at 12.25 was 6.9 on the Richter scale, according to the latest data by the European-Mediterranean Seismological Center.
"Currently, Sofia municipality has no data of injured or material damage. If you have any information of damage, report to 112," Sofia mayor Yordanka Fandakova posted on Twitter.
- » Bulgaria, World Prepare to Switch Off for Earth Hour
- » Intensive Rain Expected Across Bulgaria
- » Bird Flu Caused Death of Pelicans in Bulgaria's Srebarna Reserve
- » Chile Floods Leave 200 Bulgarians Stranded
- » 21 Pelicans Found Dead at Bulgaria's Srebarna Nature Reserve
- » Small 2.9-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern Bulgaria