Epicenter of Earthquake Located off Greek Samothrace Island
The epicenter of the earthquake which occurred on May 24 is near the Greek island of Samothrace, Bulgaria's National Institute of Geophysics, Geodesy and Geography reports.
The magnitude of the quake that shook Bulgaria and Greece at 12.25 was 6.9 on the Richter scale, according to the latest data by the European-Mediterranean Seismological Center.
"Currently, Sofia municipality has no data of injured or material damage. If you have any information of damage, report to 112," Sofia mayor Yordanka Fandakova posted on Twitter.
- » Up to 200 out of 700 Houses in Flood-Hit Mizia Are Still Inhabitable
- » 5.1 Earthquake Hits Greek Chalkidiki Peninsula
- » Minor 2.9-Magnitude Earthquake Registered West of Bulgaria's Smolyan
- » WWF Launches River Conservation Campaign in Bulgaria
- » Minor 2.4-Magnitude Earthquake Reported in Southern Bulgaria
- » Brightest Supermoon in 2 Decades to Be Observed Sunday