Bulgaria Suffers Dramatic Loss to USA in World League
Bulgaria lost its first match of the 2014 volleyball World League 2:3 (25:19, 25:22, 25:27, 19:25, 12:15) to the United States.
It looked all but certain that Bulgaria would grab the win and please the full-capacity crowd in Varna after winning the first 2 sets. In the third, they had 2 match balls at 24:23 and 25:24. Instead of finishing off their opponent, they allowed the Americans to get back in the game.
As the match extended, the Americans became more confident and took the fourth set by 6 points. In the deciding 5th, they began with a 3:0 lead, which they didn’t give up until the end.
The second match between the teams is on Saturday night, 20:00 EET in Varna.
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Starts US Open With Victory
- » Boxing Match Kubrat Pulev – Wladimir Klitschko Is Postponed
- » Guinness Record Holder to Run Bulgaria's Persenk Ultramarathon 2014
- » Klitschko Training 'Like a Beast' for Match with Bulgaria's Pulev
- » Grigor Dimitrov Loses to Poland’s Janowicz in Cincinnati Open
- » Maria Sharapova Tops World's Highest-Paid Female Athletes List Again