Bulgarians' Travels Increase By ? in Q1 2014
The tourist trips of Bulgarians have risen by 24.4% in Q1 2014 year-on-year, shows data of the National Statistics Institute (NSI).
In the first three months of this year a total of 684 700 Bulgarians over the age of 15 went on a tourist trip.
The majority – 84% - travelled within Bulgaria, 12.8% went abroad and only 3.2% travelled both in and outside Bulgaria.
Compared to Q1 2013, both the domestic and international trips post an increase – of 24.6% and 23.4%, respectively.
Most active tourists were people in the age bracket 25-44 who made 42.4% of the trips.
While travelling in Bulgaria for leisure, a person spent an average of BGN 220 and abroad – BGN 590.
On a business trip the average sum spent in Bulgaria was BGN 403, while abroad – BGN 693.
- » Air France Workers Go on Strike for Pay Hike
- » Azerbaijan Promotes its Tourism Potential in International Fair in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Airport has Served Half a Million Passengers in January
- » 1438 Square Meters of Concrete were Removed from the Seaside of Sunny Beach Resort
- » Journey in Europe with Ship-houses
- » Electric Airplane Start-up Eviation Aims to Enter Serrvice in 2021