Second Man Dies After Istanbul Clashes
A second man has died after yesterday's clashes between protesters and police in Istanbul, said governor Hussein Mutlu.
The latest, unidentified victim died after being injured by an exploded grenade, which also wounded another civilian.
Eight police officers were also injured during clashes that continued throughout the night.
This is the second victim of yesterday's clashes between anti-government protesters and police, after Ugur Kurt died of his head wounds.
Kurt was attending a funeral ceremony in the Okmeydani district on Thursday, when police tried to disperse around 50 people, who had gathered nearby to protest against the government.
Kurt was hit in the head by a stray bullet, reportedly fired by police.
The death of Kurt, a 30-year-old father of one, sparked renewed outrage, fuelling more protests in Okmeydani.
- » Russia Urges Iran to Stick to the Nuclear Deal From 2015
- » Libyans 'Threatened' Med migrant Aid Boat
- » Philippine Police Killed 32 People in Order to Scare Drug Cartels
- » Turkey Says Kurdish Iraq's Referendum Could Worsen Situation, Lead to Civil War
- » Dozens Killed in Suicide Attack in Northeastern Nigeria
- » Facebook and Google Demand in Court Limited Access of Authorities to User Data