Grigor Dimitrov to Face Ivo Karlovic in French Open
Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov drew a fairly difficult opponent, Ivo Karlovic, for the first round of the French Open.
Dimitrov has played the 211-cm Croatian twice so far, each of them winning once. Their previous meeting was just last week in Rome, when the Bulgarian won 7:6, 6:4.
Karlovic, ranked 49th in the ATP, is an extremely powerful server. What Dimitrov can exploit, is the fact that his opponent is not the quickest on the court.
Dimitrov's best performance at the French Open so far is reaching the third round in 2013. If he makes it to the quarterfinals this year, he would most likely face the world number 1 Rafael Nadal, as they are in the same part of the draw.
The tournament begins on May 25 and runs until June 8.
- » Minister Invites Qatari Entrepreneurs to Invest in Bulgarian Sports Complexes
- » Bulgaria Goes to Eurovolley Quarterfinals after 3:2 Win over Netherlands
- » Croatia Defeats Bulgaria 3:0 in Euro Qualifier Match
- » Bulgaria Defeats Czech Republic in Eurovolley Match in Sofia
- » Bulgaria Hopes for Win over Czech Team in Eurovolley
- » Bulgaria Facing Croatia in UEFA EURO 2016 Qualifiers