RT Journalists Denied Entry into Ukraine
Cameramen from the Spanish office of the Russian television network RT were not allowed into Ukraine despite having accreditations, the network reported.
"Cameraman Alexander Serichenko and his assistant Andrei Peleshok were denied entry when they arrived at the airport of Odessa. Without explanations, border guards forced the reporters to buy tickets back to Moscow at their own expense", RT said in a statement, quoted by ITAR-TASS.
Over the past week there have been a number of other allegations of Ukrainian authorities denying entrance to foreign journalists, including 2 detained reporters of Russian LifeNews.
Ukraine will hold presidential elections on Sunday amidst continuing tensions in the eastern part of the country.
- » Kiev Accuses Moscow of Having 7500 Troops Deployed in Ukraine
- » Sergey Lavrov: Western Sanctions Aimed at Toppling Russian Regime
- » Japanese PM Dissolves Parliament Ahead of Early Elections
- » Ukraine's Pro-Western Parties Sign Coalition Agreement
- » Putin Says Russia Should Prevent 'Colour Revolutions'
- » Germans Divided over Sanctions on Russia - ARD Survey