RT Journalists Denied Entry into Ukraine
Cameramen from the Spanish office of the Russian television network RT were not allowed into Ukraine despite having accreditations, the network reported.
"Cameraman Alexander Serichenko and his assistant Andrei Peleshok were denied entry when they arrived at the airport of Odessa. Without explanations, border guards forced the reporters to buy tickets back to Moscow at their own expense", RT said in a statement, quoted by ITAR-TASS.
Over the past week there have been a number of other allegations of Ukrainian authorities denying entrance to foreign journalists, including 2 detained reporters of Russian LifeNews.
Ukraine will hold presidential elections on Sunday amidst continuing tensions in the eastern part of the country.
- » Russia’s Envoy to NATO Warns of ‘Additional Precautions’ in Black Sea Area
- » Istanbul Airport Attackers Were Russian, Uzbek and Kyrgyz, Turkish Official Says
- » Death Toll Rises to 44 in Istanbul’s Ataturk Airport Terror Attack
- » Two Blasts Kill at least 27 Police Cadets in Kabul
- » Turkey Detains 13 Suspects over Istanbul Airport Attack
- » Bulgarian FM Advises Citizens Travelling to Turkey to Register Beforehand