RT Journalists Denied Entry into Ukraine
Cameramen from the Spanish office of the Russian television network RT were not allowed into Ukraine despite having accreditations, the network reported.
"Cameraman Alexander Serichenko and his assistant Andrei Peleshok were denied entry when they arrived at the airport of Odessa. Without explanations, border guards forced the reporters to buy tickets back to Moscow at their own expense", RT said in a statement, quoted by ITAR-TASS.
Over the past week there have been a number of other allegations of Ukrainian authorities denying entrance to foreign journalists, including 2 detained reporters of Russian LifeNews.
Ukraine will hold presidential elections on Sunday amidst continuing tensions in the eastern part of the country.
- » Three-Way Summit to Lay Basis for Supplying Turkmen Gas to Europe
- » Migrants Arrivals by Sea in Europe Top 242,000 so far in 2016 – IOM
- » Some 4,700 People Remanded in Custody in Turkey over Failed Coup Attempt
- » Turkish Airlines to Maintain Normal Operations during Emergency Rule
- » France Charges Five Suspects over Nice Truck Attack
- » EU’s Mogherini Calls on Turkey to Respect Human Rights during Emergency Rule