RT Journalists Denied Entry into Ukraine
Cameramen from the Spanish office of the Russian television network RT were not allowed into Ukraine despite having accreditations, the network reported.
"Cameraman Alexander Serichenko and his assistant Andrei Peleshok were denied entry when they arrived at the airport of Odessa. Without explanations, border guards forced the reporters to buy tickets back to Moscow at their own expense", RT said in a statement, quoted by ITAR-TASS.
Over the past week there have been a number of other allegations of Ukrainian authorities denying entrance to foreign journalists, including 2 detained reporters of Russian LifeNews.
Ukraine will hold presidential elections on Sunday amidst continuing tensions in the eastern part of the country.
- » Hundreds of Migrants Feared Dead as Boat Sinks off Libya
- » Greek President Appoints Caretaker Prime Minister Ahead of Early Elections
- » Austrian Authorities Find At Least Twenty Dead Migrants in Truck
- » Don’t Take Hitchhikers in Greece, Bulgaria Tells Its Motorists
- » Hungary Fires Tear Gas to Prevent Migrants to Leave Reception Centre
- » Serbia, Kosovo Mark Progress in Relations After Signing Four Key Agreements