11 Bulgarians Arrested for Skimming Credit Cards
11 Bulgarians were arrested by the State Agency for National Security (DANS) for draining credit cards through skimming devices.
4 of the 11 Bulgarians who were arrested had European Arrest Warrant (EAW) issued against them, according to a media statement of DANS.
The arrests were made as part of an international operation codenamed "Lion" for neutralizing the activity of a crime group involved in fraudulent use of electronic payment instruments in Bulgaria and abroad.
The operation was conducted under the supervision of the specialized prosecuting authority, officials of DANS and the Interior Ministry, and representatives of the French authorities and Europol in coordination with Eurojust.
The crime group conducted its illegal activities on the territory of France and other EU countries, as well as in the Philippines, Malaysia and Indonesia.
Investigative activities were conducted in the Bulgarian cities of Varna, Silistra, and Razgrad.
The authorities inspected 29 sites and found 3 laboratories for skimming equipment, all of them located in the Black Sea city of Varna.
The authorities seized a number of skimming devices, elements used to make skimming devices, laptops containing encrypted data, computers, mobile phones, SIM cards, memory cards, large sums of money in EUR and USD, etc.
- » A Breakthrough in uTorrent Puts at Risk the Safety of Millions of Users
- » Cybercrime Hurting Businesses to Tune of $600 billion
- » A man was Found Murdered This Night in the Lyulin District
- » Armed Men Robbed a Casino
- » Dervish Drove a Van into a Group of Policemen in Tehran, Killing Three
- » Thief has Returned a Cello Worth 1.3 Million Euros