Balkan Clerics Blame Conchita Wurst for Floods
The winner of this year's Eurovision, Conchita Wurst, is responsible for the flooding in the Balkans, according to church leaders in Serbia and Montenegro, reports The Telegraph.
"This [flood] is not a coincidence, but a warning," Metropolitan bishop Amfilohije of Montenegro said, according to a Montenegro website. "God sent the rains as a reminder that people should not join the wild side."
Patriarch Irinej, the spiritual leader of Eastern Orthodox Serbs, reportedly said the floods were "divine punishment for their vices" and that "God is thus washing Serbia of its sins".
The Russian Orthodox Church has previously described Conchita as an "abomination" and that his victory was "one more step in the rejection of the Christian identity of European culture".
The floods and mudslides in the Balkans killed over 50 people, displaced tens of thousands from their homes and affected over a million in Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Croatia.
- » Erdogan Ordered the Infidelity to be Forbidden by Law
- » Macron is Planning Tougher Rules on Asylum in France
- » Greece-Macedonia Name Row Edging Towards Solution, Says Merkel
- » Artificial Intelligence may Fall into Bad Hands
- » American Woman is Suing Twitter, Facebook and Google
- » US Police Prevented Another Mass Murder at School