One Man Dead, Several Injured in Istanbul Clashes
A Turkish man who was shot in the head on Thursday during a police crackdown on protesters, has died of his injuries, the Istanbul governor said.
"Unfortunately we have not been able to save Ugur Kurt," Huseyin Avni Mutlu wrote on Twitter, several hours after the 30-year-old victim was brought to hospital.
Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arinc earlier said Kurt was attending a funeral ceremony in the Okmeydani district, when police tried to disperse around 50 people, who had gathered nearby to protest against the government.
According to Arinc, Kurt was hit in the head by a stray bulled, reportedly fired by police. Investigation is under way.
- » Turkish Food Exporters Seek Cuts in Russian Customs Duties
- » Russia, Turkey Mull Trade Preferences for Some Sectors
- » Ukraine Could See Exports Rise Under Deal with EU
- » Ukraine Parliament Adopts Donbass Self-Determination Bill
- » EU Parliament, Ukraine's Rada Adopt Association Agreement at Once
- » Turkey Mulls Setting Up Buffer Zone Along Iraq, Syria Borders - President