One Man Dead, Several Injured in Istanbul Clashes
A Turkish man who was shot in the head on Thursday during a police crackdown on protesters, has died of his injuries, the Istanbul governor said.
"Unfortunately we have not been able to save Ugur Kurt," Huseyin Avni Mutlu wrote on Twitter, several hours after the 30-year-old victim was brought to hospital.
Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arinc earlier said Kurt was attending a funeral ceremony in the Okmeydani district, when police tried to disperse around 50 people, who had gathered nearby to protest against the government.
According to Arinc, Kurt was hit in the head by a stray bulled, reportedly fired by police. Investigation is under way.
- » "Islamic State" Terrorist Cell in St Petersburg is Destroyed
- » NASA has Discovered a Solar System with the Same Number of Planets as ours
- » EU Leaders Agree to Move to Second-Stage Brexit Talks
- » Kosovo's Bid For Council of Europe Membership in January 2018
- » Greek Gov’t Aims to Speed Up Migrant Returns to Turkey
- » The US Federal Communications Commission Repealed the Principle of Net Neutrality