One Man Dead, Several Injured in Istanbul Clashes
A Turkish man who was shot in the head on Thursday during a police crackdown on protesters, has died of his injuries, the Istanbul governor said.
"Unfortunately we have not been able to save Ugur Kurt," Huseyin Avni Mutlu wrote on Twitter, several hours after the 30-year-old victim was brought to hospital.
Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arinc earlier said Kurt was attending a funeral ceremony in the Okmeydani district, when police tried to disperse around 50 people, who had gathered nearby to protest against the government.
According to Arinc, Kurt was hit in the head by a stray bulled, reportedly fired by police. Investigation is under way.
- » Greece Giving 'No Information' on Border Blockade Hours
- » Canada to Stop Bombing IS, Stepping Up Training of Local Troops
- » Russia Detains Suspected IS Cell Plotting Attacks in Moscow, St. Petersburg
- » Ilinden Crossing on Bulgaria-Greece Border Expected to Reopen at 10 p.m. Monday
- » IOM: Migrant Arrivals to Europe Likely to Exceed One Million in 2016
- » Greece Could Change Pension Reform Plans amid Protests