One Man Dead, Several Injured in Istanbul Clashes
A Turkish man who was shot in the head on Thursday during a police crackdown on protesters, has died of his injuries, the Istanbul governor said.
"Unfortunately we have not been able to save Ugur Kurt," Huseyin Avni Mutlu wrote on Twitter, several hours after the 30-year-old victim was brought to hospital.
Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arinc earlier said Kurt was attending a funeral ceremony in the Okmeydani district, when police tried to disperse around 50 people, who had gathered nearby to protest against the government.
According to Arinc, Kurt was hit in the head by a stray bulled, reportedly fired by police. Investigation is under way.
- » 8 People, Including Gunman, Reported Dead in Missouri Shootings
- » Georgian FM Fears Russia's “Creeping Annexaion” of Breakaway Regions
- » Germany's Bundestag Approves Greece Bailout Extension
- » UNESCO Director-General Irina Bokova Demands Emergency UN Security Council Meeting
- » Greece's First anti-SYRIZA Demo Ends in Violence
- » Donetsk People's Republic Withdraws Heavy Weapons