Deputy Head of Svilengrad Customs Office Indicted
Bulgaria's Specialized Prosecutor's Office said Georgi Kostadinov, Deputy Director of Customs Office in the border town of Svilengrad, was indicted on Thursday.
Kostadinov is charged with the possession of significant quantities of drug substances with the purpose of supplying them as part of an organized criminal group, according to the Bulgarian private channel NOVA TV.
He was detained on Wednesday in a joint operation of the State Agency for National Security (DANS) and the Prosecutor's Office.
About 1.5 kg of amphetamine and metamphetamine were found in his car.
Prosecution officials reported that Kostadinov was involved in trans-border trafficking, which means he could face up to 20 years behind bars.
- » Three Young Men were Stabbed in Front of a Club in Blagoevgrad
- » A Terrorist Attack in an Iraqi City has taken Dozens of Lives
- » A 45-year-old Man was Found Shot in Sofia
- » CNN: Nigeria Bombing, 50 Killed in Early Morning Attack on Mosque
- » EU Officials Accused of Selling Illegal Alcohol in Afghanistan
- » The Infamous Convicted Killer Charles Manson Died after 40 Years in Jail