Deputy Head of Svilengrad Customs Office Indicted
Bulgaria's Specialized Prosecutor's Office said Georgi Kostadinov, Deputy Director of Customs Office in the border town of Svilengrad, was indicted on Thursday.
Kostadinov is charged with the possession of significant quantities of drug substances with the purpose of supplying them as part of an organized criminal group, according to the Bulgarian private channel NOVA TV.
He was detained on Wednesday in a joint operation of the State Agency for National Security (DANS) and the Prosecutor's Office.
About 1.5 kg of amphetamine and metamphetamine were found in his car.
Prosecution officials reported that Kostadinov was involved in trans-border trafficking, which means he could face up to 20 years behind bars.
- » Mother Killed her 1-year old Child in Stamboliyski
- » Bulgarian Interior Ministry Detained a Criminal Group for People Trafficking
- » Two People are in Custody for an Attack of a Man and his Pregnant Girlfriend on Trakia Highway
- » 34 Members of Organized Crime Group were Arrested in Italy
- » Bulgarian Customs Officers Found Currency and Gold for BGN 900 000
- » UAE Behind Qatar Hacks