Bread Price Expected to Rise Due to Heavy Rains in Bulgaria
Grain producers in Bulgaria expect 15-20% less crops due to the recent heavy rainfalls which will also affect the prices of wheat and cereal.
Bread producers are worried that the rains will worsen the quality of wheat which will raise the production costs due to the need to use ingredient substitutions, NovaTv reports.
Some regions in Northwestern and Southern Bulgaria have recorded rainfalls totaling 70% of the average annual precipitation in just a month and a half.
The estimated increase in bread prices is no higher than BGN 0.001-0.002, however it can grow ten times until it reaches the end consumer.
- » Bulgaria's PM Plamen Oresharski Resigns
- » Bulgarian President to Turn 1st Sod on Scientific&Tech Park in Sofia
- » Bulgaria to Sign Road Transport Agreement with Kosovo
- » Bulgarian National Bank Reports Increase in Bank Deposits
- » Bulgaria's State Debt Rose by BGN 1 B in June
- » Class A Office Space Rental Rates in Sofia Record 8.3% Growth Y/Y