Bread Price Expected to Rise Due to Heavy Rains in Bulgaria
Grain producers in Bulgaria expect 15-20% less crops due to the recent heavy rainfalls which will also affect the prices of wheat and cereal.
Bread producers are worried that the rains will worsen the quality of wheat which will raise the production costs due to the need to use ingredient substitutions, NovaTv reports.
Some regions in Northwestern and Southern Bulgaria have recorded rainfalls totaling 70% of the average annual precipitation in just a month and a half.
The estimated increase in bread prices is no higher than BGN 0.001-0.002, however it can grow ten times until it reaches the end consumer.
- » Varba-Batantsi Lead, Zinc Mine Celebrates Official Restart
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Increase by 34.7% in Q2 Y/Y
- » Agriculture Min: Bulgarian Producers 'Suffer Losses' from Food Ban
- » Bulgarian Energy Holding 'Awaiting BGN 1.45 B' from Subsidiaries
- » Balkan Telecom Regulators Mull Scrapping Roaming Charges
- » Bulgaria Gets Record Low Dividend Payment from State Firms