Piccadilly Retail Chain is Back in Bulgarian Hands
The retail chain Piccadilly is officially back in Bulgarian hands, after the competition watchdog allowed the sale to the local AP Mart.
AP Mart was set up by the Bulgarian businessmen Angel Angelov and Petur Dudolenski for the purpose of buying Piccadilly from the Belgian retail giant Delhaize in February.
Piccadilly has 32 supermarkets and 22 convenience stores in the major Bulgarian cities.
In the recent years it changed hands several times – its Bulgarian owners sold it to the Serbian Delta Holding, which, after several years of operation sold it to Delhaize.
- » Bulgaria Calls for Extra Vigilance in Travel to Turkey
- » Bulgaria’s Govt Debt Equivalent to 29.3% of Projected 2016 GDP in May
- » Juncker Said to Be Planning Introduction of Euro by All EU Member States after Brexit
- » Extension of Sofia Metro Line 2 to be Launched Before End of July
- » EU 'Told Bulgaria to Sell Gas Network Operator' - PM
- » Bulgarian FinMin Foresees 3.5 % Budget Surplus for First Half of 2016