Piccadilly Retail Chain is Back in Bulgarian Hands
The retail chain Piccadilly is officially back in Bulgarian hands, after the competition watchdog allowed the sale to the local AP Mart.
AP Mart was set up by the Bulgarian businessmen Angel Angelov and Petur Dudolenski for the purpose of buying Piccadilly from the Belgian retail giant Delhaize in February.
Piccadilly has 32 supermarkets and 22 convenience stores in the major Bulgarian cities.
In the recent years it changed hands several times – its Bulgarian owners sold it to the Serbian Delta Holding, which, after several years of operation sold it to Delhaize.
- » Sanctions, Falling Rouble Force Russians to Settle in Bulgaria
- » Russia EconMin: Forfeit Demand on Bulgaria over South Stream 'Unlikely'
- » Die Presse: 'New Signs of Life' for South Stream from Bulgaria
- » Too Early for EU Response on Bulgaria's 'Gas Hub' Idea - Commission VP Georgieva
- » Bulgaria Air in Codeshare Deal with Germany's airberlin
- » Bulgaria Adopts 2015 Budget with 3% Deficit