Piccadilly Retail Chain is Back in Bulgarian Hands
The retail chain Piccadilly is officially back in Bulgarian hands, after the competition watchdog allowed the sale to the local AP Mart.
AP Mart was set up by the Bulgarian businessmen Angel Angelov and Petur Dudolenski for the purpose of buying Piccadilly from the Belgian retail giant Delhaize in February.
Piccadilly has 32 supermarkets and 22 convenience stores in the major Bulgarian cities.
In the recent years it changed hands several times – its Bulgarian owners sold it to the Serbian Delta Holding, which, after several years of operation sold it to Delhaize.
- » Reuters: Bulgaria Picks 2 Local, 2 Int'l Banks for Bridge Loan
- » EU Commission Allows Bulgaria to Use EU Funds for Sofia Tech Park
- » Holders of Guaranteed Deposits in Bulgaria's KTB Number 255 000
- » State Aid to FIB in Line with EU Rules, Commission Says
- » Finance Ministry To Present Draft Budget Report
- » Finance Ministry Reopens 7-Year Issue of EUR-Denominated Govt Securities