Piccadilly Retail Chain is Back in Bulgarian Hands
The retail chain Piccadilly is officially back in Bulgarian hands, after the competition watchdog allowed the sale to the local AP Mart.
AP Mart was set up by the Bulgarian businessmen Angel Angelov and Petur Dudolenski for the purpose of buying Piccadilly from the Belgian retail giant Delhaize in February.
Piccadilly has 32 supermarkets and 22 convenience stores in the major Bulgarian cities.
In the recent years it changed hands several times – its Bulgarian owners sold it to the Serbian Delta Holding, which, after several years of operation sold it to Delhaize.
- » EU Parliament Urges Tough Conditions for South Stream
- » Bulgaria Threatens to Terminate Contract for Struma Motorway Lot 4 with Greece’s Aktor
- » Russia to Evacuate 300 Tourists Stranded in Bulgaria on Friday
- » 10% of Fruit, Vegetables Consumed in Bulgaria Are Produced Locally
- » Striking Bulgarian Miners Refuse to Leave Pit
- » EBRD Lowers Bulgaria 2014 Economic Growth Forecast to 1.5%