Piccadilly Retail Chain is Back in Bulgarian Hands
The retail chain Piccadilly is officially back in Bulgarian hands, after the competition watchdog allowed the sale to the local AP Mart.
AP Mart was set up by the Bulgarian businessmen Angel Angelov and Petur Dudolenski for the purpose of buying Piccadilly from the Belgian retail giant Delhaize in February.
Piccadilly has 32 supermarkets and 22 convenience stores in the major Bulgarian cities.
In the recent years it changed hands several times – its Bulgarian owners sold it to the Serbian Delta Holding, which, after several years of operation sold it to Delhaize.
- » Royal Clipper Arrives in Bulgaria’s Varna Port
- » Tourist Trips by Bulgarian Residents Decrease 4.8% Y/Y in Q1 2016
- » World Bank Approves 2017-2022 Partnership Framework for Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Can Use South Stream Project Co.’s Assets in Planned Gas Hub - Energy Minister
- » Assets Managed by Investment Funds in Bulgaria Grow 2.6% Y/Y in March
- » Sweden’s Assa Abloy Acquires Bulgarian-Based Locking Systems Maker Mauer