Over 12 Thousands Bulgarians Suffered Workplace Injuries in 2013
Some 12.1 thousand Bulgarians suffered injuries in the workplace or in work related accidents, of which 8.7 thousand or 71.8% were men.
The data was published by the National Statistical Institute, and is based on a survey conducted in 2013, however, it reflect the respondents' opinion and has not been verified by the competent institutions.
About one third of all work related accidents are caused by motor vehicle collision.
Occupational diseases are most often caused by bones, joints and muscles injuries, which together represent 44.9% of all health problems.
About 13 % of the employed or more than 376,000 people claimed they are exposed to workplace factors that may adversely affect their mental health.
The proportion of people with work related illnesses increases with age, and reaches 12.8% for persons over 65 years of age.
- » Only 6% of Bulgarians Decided to Use the Opportunity to Take Out Their Insurance Online
- » The State is Taking Measures About the Export of Medicines
- » The Expected NHIF Deficit for this Year is About BGN 38 Million
- » Flu Epidemic in Bulgaria is Expected in late January and early February
- » Pirogov Hospital Continues to Operate Despite the Protests
- » World AIDS Day 2017