Botev Plovdiv Ordered to Pay Damages for Cup Final
The Bulgarian Football Union's Disciplinary Committee has ordered Botev Plovdiv to cover the damages caused by its fans in the Bulgarian Cup final.
The match on May 15 at the Lazur Stadium in Burgas finished 1:0 for Ludogorets. During the second half, Botev supporters threw flares onto the pitch, which set on fire some of the electronic commercial boards. The game had to be stopped for 20 minutes until the fire brigades put the flames out.
The damages are yet to be calculated, but are estimated to be around BGN 500,000.
Botev Plovdiv are known for their heated supporters, some of whom often transgress the law to show their dedication to the club, particularly in matches against local rivals Lokomotiv.
- » Madrid Derby In The Semifinals Of the Champions League
- » Grigor Dimitrov With 4th Following Loss
- » Bulgaria Ranks 2nd in World Ice Hockey Championship Division III
- » Grigor Dimitrov With Poor Start of Red Court Season
- » Bulgarian Athlete Becomes Silver Medalist in EU Weightlifting
- » Bulgarian Tennis Player Viktoriya Tomova Reaches Istanbul Tennis Tournament Final