Botev Plovdiv Ordered to Pay Damages for Cup Final
The Bulgarian Football Union's Disciplinary Committee has ordered Botev Plovdiv to cover the damages caused by its fans in the Bulgarian Cup final.
The match on May 15 at the Lazur Stadium in Burgas finished 1:0 for Ludogorets. During the second half, Botev supporters threw flares onto the pitch, which set on fire some of the electronic commercial boards. The game had to be stopped for 20 minutes until the fire brigades put the flames out.
The damages are yet to be calculated, but are estimated to be around BGN 500,000.
Botev Plovdiv are known for their heated supporters, some of whom often transgress the law to show their dedication to the club, particularly in matches against local rivals Lokomotiv.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Posted in Social Networks a Message for the Most Special Person
- » Slavia Sofia Won the Bulgarian Cup after a 22-year Break
- » Huge Interest for the Final of the Bulgarian Football Cup Between Levski and Slavia
- » Grigor Dimitrov was Eliminated in Round 2 of the Masters in Madrid
- » Milos Raonic Will Compete With Grigor Dimitrov
- » Marseille to Face Atletico Madrid in Europa League Final