Botev Plovdiv Ordered to Pay Damages for Cup Final
The Bulgarian Football Union's Disciplinary Committee has ordered Botev Plovdiv to cover the damages caused by its fans in the Bulgarian Cup final.
The match on May 15 at the Lazur Stadium in Burgas finished 1:0 for Ludogorets. During the second half, Botev supporters threw flares onto the pitch, which set on fire some of the electronic commercial boards. The game had to be stopped for 20 minutes until the fire brigades put the flames out.
The damages are yet to be calculated, but are estimated to be around BGN 500,000.
Botev Plovdiv are known for their heated supporters, some of whom often transgress the law to show their dedication to the club, particularly in matches against local rivals Lokomotiv.
- » CSKA Sofia Eliminated Ludogorets in the Bulgarian Cup Competition
- » Dimitrov Dive Volley Named Masters 1000 Golden Hot Shot (Video)
- » Ludogorets Faces Milan in the 1/16-finals of the Europa League
- » Borussia Dortmund Changed Coach after Eighth Game without Victory
- » Champions League Draw, Round of 16
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Become Part of the World Team Against Australia