Botev Plovdiv Ordered to Pay Damages for Cup Final
The Bulgarian Football Union's Disciplinary Committee has ordered Botev Plovdiv to cover the damages caused by its fans in the Bulgarian Cup final.
The match on May 15 at the Lazur Stadium in Burgas finished 1:0 for Ludogorets. During the second half, Botev supporters threw flares onto the pitch, which set on fire some of the electronic commercial boards. The game had to be stopped for 20 minutes until the fire brigades put the flames out.
The damages are yet to be calculated, but are estimated to be around BGN 500,000.
Botev Plovdiv are known for their heated supporters, some of whom often transgress the law to show their dedication to the club, particularly in matches against local rivals Lokomotiv.
- » Grigor Dimitrov is Semi-finalist in Stockholm
- » Putin Described Russia's Olympic Problems as "Humiliation for the Country"
- » Ludogorets Defeated Sporting Braga with 2:0 and is Leader in Group C of Europa League
- » Grigor Dimitrov Progresses to the Next Round of the Stockholm Tournament
- » American Olympic Gymnast Revealed that the Team Doctor had Raped her
- » Football Super Star Lionel Messi Reached 100 Goals in the Champions League