Bulgarian Govt. Approves BGN 132,000 for Humanitarian Aid
Bulgaria's humanitarian assistance to flood-hit Serbia and Bosnia-Herzegovina will amount to BGN 132,000.
The funds have been approved by the government through the budget of the Ministry of Interior for Official Development Assistance.
The humanitarian aid will be granted in the form of tents, blankets, clothes, beds, mineral water, and other vital items.
Besides the government aid, private donations via SMS (1466), bank transfer: Unicredit Bulbank, BG64UNCR76301078660913, UNCRBGSF, and through the embassies of Bosnia-Herzegovina and Serbia will be made available.
The floods in the Western Balkans have claimed dozens of lives and damaged thousands of homes over the past week. The damages are yet to be calculated.
- » Photo From Bulgarians' 2013 Protests Featured In Hollywood Film
- » EU Greenhouse Gas Emissions Dropped by Almost 2% in 2013
- » Finnish Diva Tarja Turunen With Concert In Sofia
- » Funding For Road Maintenance Siphoned Off For Other Projects
- » Thousands Suffer Power Cuts, Blackouts After Bulgaria's First Snow
- » Four Lion Cubs Born In Varna Zoo