Bulgaria, Israel to Foster Scientific Exchange
Bulgaria's Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski met with Israel's President Shimon Peres during his visit to the Middle East country.
"Bulgaria is part of the EU and NATO, which guarantees us a sustainable path for the future. It is up to us what progress we make. In these efforts, we very much rely on old friends, among the top of which is Israel", Oresharski told his colleague.
The Prime Minister once again stressed Bulgaria's history of tolerance and the saving of its Jews during World War II.
Shimon Peres outlined that Israel and Bulgaria will seek to enlarge their cooperation in sciences, technology and education.
"For us, relations with Bulgaria are not only a form of business, but friendship as well. Bulgaria has its strength because it has quality people. Your country saved many Jewish lives and gave them an opportunity to come to Israel", Peres stated.
Peres and Oresharski also discussed agriculture and how to use most effectively natural resources.
- » PM Borisov and Serbian President Vucic Discuss Infrastructure Projects
- » Macedonian PM: 'We Are not Only Friends with Bulgaria, but We Have Become Allies
- » Bulgarian President: Our Relationship with London Will be Active After Brexit
- » Italian PM: We Can Talk About Further Investments in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Vice President Will be on a Working Visit to the Republic of Albania
- » Russian Ambassador to the US: The Meeting Between Putin and Trump in Danang was Encouraging