Deputy Head of Bulgaria's Svilengrad Customs Office Detained
Georgi Georgiev, Deputy Director of the Customs office in Bulgaria's southern town of Svilengrad has been arrested, Wednesday.
Georgiev was detained during a joint operation of the State Agency for National Security (DANS) and the Prosecutor's office, BGNES informs.
In a company car used by Georgiev were found and seized about 1.5 kg of amphetamine and methamphetamine.
Currently searches are being carried out on the premises of the Customs office in Svilengrad. Two antique silver coins with a total weight of 2 kg were found in Georgiev's home.
The prosecution has explained that the raid is part of the pretrial proceedings against an organized criminal group for cross-border drug trafficking.
The investigation continues under the authority of the Specialized Prosecutor's Office.
- » A 20-year-old Girl was Beaten and Robbed in the Student City District of Sofia
- » Suicide Bomber Kills 26 in Kabul Attack
- » The Police Busted a Group of Human Traffickers, 18 People were Arrested
- » Suspect in Bombings in Austin Committed Suicide
- » Midnight Drama in Varna, a Man Killed a Neighbor and Killed Himself
- » The Police Caught an Organised Criminal Group Robbing Casinos