Deputy Head of Bulgaria's Svilengrad Customs Office Detained
Georgi Georgiev, Deputy Director of the Customs office in Bulgaria's southern town of Svilengrad has been arrested, Wednesday.
Georgiev was detained during a joint operation of the State Agency for National Security (DANS) and the Prosecutor's office, BGNES informs.
In a company car used by Georgiev were found and seized about 1.5 kg of amphetamine and methamphetamine.
Currently searches are being carried out on the premises of the Customs office in Svilengrad. Two antique silver coins with a total weight of 2 kg were found in Georgiev's home.
The prosecution has explained that the raid is part of the pretrial proceedings against an organized criminal group for cross-border drug trafficking.
The investigation continues under the authority of the Specialized Prosecutor's Office.
- » Arrested Doctor Worked Under the Influence of Alcohol
- » California Horror Story: Thirteen Brothers and Sisters were Found Chained by their Parents in a House
- » Serbian Political Leader In Northern Kosovo Shot Dead
- » Nearly 30 Victims of a Suicide Bombing in Baghdad
- » 15 were Injured in a Russian School after an Assault by Masked Men
- » Once Again a Blasted ATM in Sofia