Deputy Head of Bulgaria's Svilengrad Customs Office Detained
Georgi Georgiev, Deputy Director of the Customs office in Bulgaria's southern town of Svilengrad has been arrested, Wednesday.
Georgiev was detained during a joint operation of the State Agency for National Security (DANS) and the Prosecutor's office, BGNES informs.
In a company car used by Georgiev were found and seized about 1.5 kg of amphetamine and methamphetamine.
Currently searches are being carried out on the premises of the Customs office in Svilengrad. Two antique silver coins with a total weight of 2 kg were found in Georgiev's home.
The prosecution has explained that the raid is part of the pretrial proceedings against an organized criminal group for cross-border drug trafficking.
The investigation continues under the authority of the Specialized Prosecutor's Office.
- » EU Officials Accused of Selling Illegal Alcohol in Afghanistan
- » The Infamous Convicted Killer Charles Manson Died after 40 Years in Jail
- » The US Police Arrested over 200 Members of a Criminal Group
- » Migrant-Smuggling Gang Caught in Bulgaria
- » Senator Attacked and Stabbed in Chile
- » 805 Phone Frauds Since the Beginning of the Year in Bulgaria