Deputy Head of Bulgaria's Svilengrad Customs Office Detained
Georgi Georgiev, Deputy Director of the Customs office in Bulgaria's southern town of Svilengrad has been arrested, Wednesday.
Georgiev was detained during a joint operation of the State Agency for National Security (DANS) and the Prosecutor's office, BGNES informs.
In a company car used by Georgiev were found and seized about 1.5 kg of amphetamine and methamphetamine.
Currently searches are being carried out on the premises of the Customs office in Svilengrad. Two antique silver coins with a total weight of 2 kg were found in Georgiev's home.
The prosecution has explained that the raid is part of the pretrial proceedings against an organized criminal group for cross-border drug trafficking.
The investigation continues under the authority of the Specialized Prosecutor's Office.
- » Mayor of Bulgaria's Galiche Remains in Custody
- » Bulgarian Jailed in Indonesia over ATM Fraud
- » Bulgaria's Prosecution to Demand Custody for Mayor of Galiche
- » Mayor of Bulgaria's Galiche Arrested in Specialised Police Operation
- » Bulgarian Customs Seize Amphetamines, Anabolic Steroids at Kapitan Andreevo Checkpoint
- » Bulgarian Nationalist MP Sentenced to Two Years of Probation