Deputy Head of Bulgaria's Svilengrad Customs Office Detained
Georgi Georgiev, Deputy Director of the Customs office in Bulgaria's southern town of Svilengrad has been arrested, Wednesday.
Georgiev was detained during a joint operation of the State Agency for National Security (DANS) and the Prosecutor's office, BGNES informs.
In a company car used by Georgiev were found and seized about 1.5 kg of amphetamine and methamphetamine.
Currently searches are being carried out on the premises of the Customs office in Svilengrad. Two antique silver coins with a total weight of 2 kg were found in Georgiev's home.
The prosecution has explained that the raid is part of the pretrial proceedings against an organized criminal group for cross-border drug trafficking.
The investigation continues under the authority of the Specialized Prosecutor's Office.
- » New Armed Robbery Taped in Sofia, Released on Facebook
- » Bulgarian Customs Seize Estimated BGN 15 M Worth of Smuggled Anabolic Steroids
- » Police Dismantle Criminal Group Stealing Luxury Cars in Bulgaria
- » Plovdiv Appellate Court Upholds Detention of Imam Accused of Preaching Radical Islam
- » Bulgarian Police Busts Group of VAT Fraudsters
- » Bulgarian Customs Seize 2.7 kg Cocaine from Venezuelan Citizen