Two Bulgarians Face Death Penalty in Malaysia
Two Bulgarians, who were sentenced to death for drug trafficking in Malaysia, will appear in court for the hearing of their appeal, reports the Bulgarian channel Nova TV.
A year and a half ago Ivan Kostov and Georgi Bakalov were arrested at the airport and were sentenced to death for allegedly trafficking 5 kg of amphetamine, found in their luggage.
They said they did not know of the drugs, pleaded not guilty and claimed the amphetamines were planted by a third party.
- » Mayor of Bulgaria's Galiche Remains in Custody
- » Bulgarian Jailed in Indonesia over ATM Fraud
- » Bulgaria's Prosecution to Demand Custody for Mayor of Galiche
- » Mayor of Bulgaria's Galiche Arrested in Specialised Police Operation
- » Bulgarian Customs Seize Amphetamines, Anabolic Steroids at Kapitan Andreevo Checkpoint
- » Bulgarian Nationalist MP Sentenced to Two Years of Probation