Two Bulgarians Face Death Penalty in Malaysia
Two Bulgarians, who were sentenced to death for drug trafficking in Malaysia, will appear in court for the hearing of their appeal, reports the Bulgarian channel Nova TV.
A year and a half ago Ivan Kostov and Georgi Bakalov were arrested at the airport and were sentenced to death for allegedly trafficking 5 kg of amphetamine, found in their luggage.
They said they did not know of the drugs, pleaded not guilty and claimed the amphetamines were planted by a third party.
- » Bulgaria Police Detain 35 Migrants in Downtown Sofia
- » Bulgaria Seizes 5.6 Kg Heroin at Border with Turkey
- » Bulgarians Arrested in UK over Drug Trafficking
- » Over 500 Bulgarians Become Trafficking Victims A Year
- » 120 Syrian Refugees Arrested upon Entering Sofia
- » Bulgaria Police Launch Manhunt for Killers of Road Repairs Employee