Two Bulgarians Face Death Penalty in Malaysia
Two Bulgarians, who were sentenced to death for drug trafficking in Malaysia, will appear in court for the hearing of their appeal, reports the Bulgarian channel Nova TV.
A year and a half ago Ivan Kostov and Georgi Bakalov were arrested at the airport and were sentenced to death for allegedly trafficking 5 kg of amphetamine, found in their luggage.
They said they did not know of the drugs, pleaded not guilty and claimed the amphetamines were planted by a third party.
- » Deputy Mayor of Bulgaria’s Saedinenie Charged with Embezzlement
- » Bulgaria's Parliament Strips Four MPs of Immunity
- » Bulgaria's Border Police Arrests 41 Syrians At Crossing With Romania
- » Bulgarian ex-IntMin Tsvetan Tsvetanov Gives Up Immunity
- » Bulgaria's Police Seizes 112 kg Of Heroin
- » Bulgaria’s Chief Prosecutor Asks Parliament to Strip 5 MPs of Immunity