Two Bulgarians Face Death Penalty in Malaysia
Two Bulgarians, who were sentenced to death for drug trafficking in Malaysia, will appear in court for the hearing of their appeal, reports the Bulgarian channel Nova TV.
A year and a half ago Ivan Kostov and Georgi Bakalov were arrested at the airport and were sentenced to death for allegedly trafficking 5 kg of amphetamine, found in their luggage.
They said they did not know of the drugs, pleaded not guilty and claimed the amphetamines were planted by a third party.
- » Prosecuting Authority Resubmits Indictment against ex-Deputy Parliament Speaker Hristo Biserov
- » Austrian Police Find 42 Migrants Crammed into Bulgarian-registered Van
- » Head of Bulgaria’s National Science Fund Arrested on Suspicion of Murder
- » Bulgarian Prosecutors Extend Deadline for Investigation of 2012 Burgas Bus Bombing
- » Anti-Mafia Unit of Bulgaria’s Interior Ministry Neutralized 17 Crime Groups since February 24
- » Bulgaria Detains Syrian, Afghan Citizens Citing Security Threat