Bulgarians Spent More on Art, Museums in 2013
A total of 4,644 thousands visits to Bulgaria's museums were registered in 2013, and in comparison with 2012 they increased by 13.1%.
In 2013 the number of visits to art galleries also increased, Bulgaria's National Statistical Institute data showed. They were visited by 508 thousand persons or 21 thousand visitors more in comparison with previous year. About 20% of visits (879 thousands) were carried out at the free entry day.
There was a stable trend on decrease of the visits to museums by foreigners. In 2013 the total museum revenues were BGN 42,801 thousand and in comparison with 2012 they increased by 7.6%. The share of budget subsidy was 72.4% of total museum revenues. Revenues from visits were BGN 7,212 thousand or 16.8% of total revenues.
In 2013 in the operating 75 theaters were organized 14 463 performances, visited by 2 178 thousand viewers. In comparison with 2012 the number of performances increased by 9.0 % and visits increased by 13.3%. In 2013 theaters' revenues were BGN 68,798 thousand. Of them BGN 14,478 thousand (21.0%) were from ticket sales from participating in tours in the country and abroad.
The total number of organized concerts was 1 394 with 632 thousand visitors. The variety concerts had the highest share - 230 concerts with 292.6 thousand visitors, which represented 16.5 % of all organized concerts and 46.3 % of all visitors.
In 2013 106 films were produced – full-length, short-length and medium-length films. For the cinema network were produced 15 films and for the television - 78 films.
A total of 103 registered and licensed Bulgarian TV operators operated in the country in 2013.
- » Nationalists Attack Ukrainian Anti-Night Wolves Demo in Bulgaria's Burgas
- » Rainfall, Winds Expected in Bulgaria on Wednesday
- » Search Team Finds Dead Body of Missing Young Man in Bulgaria’s Maritsa River
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Provides BGN 26 M to Municipalities for Education
- » Body of Girl Found Nearly Month After She Went Missing in Danube River Near Bulgaria's Silistra
- » Man Dies After Pursuit with Police in Bulgaria's Plovdiv