Bulgaria Supports Israeli Regional Crisis Response Group Initiative
Bulgaria's Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski has met with his Israeli counterpart Benjamin Netanyahu on Tuesday.
Bulgaria supports the initiative of Israeli Minister of Foreign Affairs Avigdor Lieberman for establishing a regional group for crisis response, PM Oresharski said after the meeting.
He pointed out that Israel is a potential source of investment, adding that there are opportunities for cooperation in trade, agriculture and high technology, as well as security, the government's press office has announced.
Oresharski has also met with Patriarch of Jerusalem, Teophilos III before visiting the tomb of Jesus Christ.
Bulgaria's Prime Minister was awarded the Patriarchal Order of the Holy Cross of Jerusalem.
This is the first time a Prime Minister receives the award, as so far it has been granted to Heads of State.
Bulgaria and Israel will cooperate in emergency services, Health Minister Tanya Andreeva said during her visit to Israel as part of the Bulgarian government delegation.
By the end of 2014, 35 emergency medical centers and affiliates will be established, as well as three large complexes - in Bulgaria's cities of Burgas, Veliko Tarnovo and Plovdiv, Andreeva informed, as cited by Dariknews.
Regarding the issue of medical tourism, Minister Andreeva claimed that Bulgaria invests in high-tech innovative equipment so that patients do not have the need to travel to another country for the purpose of obtaining medical treatment.
"We have discussed health tourism and the Israeli officials have expressed their interest in the development of balneotherapy and rehabilitation facilities. I hope that together we can work in this direction, and that many tourists and patients from Israel will be able to use our services," Andreeva said.
PM Plamen Oresharski is due to meet with Israeli president Shimon Peres on Wednesday, the last day of his visit to the country.
- » A European Funding will be Provided for the Construction of the Railway Link Between Bulgaria and Greece
- » President of the House of Representatives of Greece: 'Greece will be Side by Side with Bulgaria During the Presidency of the Council of the EU'
- » Bulgarian PM: 'EU Agreement with Turkey Must be Preserved'
- » Bulgaria and the UK will Continue Their Cooperation to Ensure Security in Europe,
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and European Council President Donald Tusk: 'Western Balkans Are Important for the EU'
- » Sweden's Top Diplomat Complained of Sexual Harassment