Bulgaria's IT Specialists Among the Youngest in Europe
The average age of the IT specialists in Bulgaria is 30 years, while that of the German ones is 45, shows data of the Axway Bulgaria software company.
The average experience of the IT specialists in Bulgaria is a little over five years, while that of their German colleagues is 11 years.
Around 40% of the graduate IT specialists are women and the ratio of women and men working as IT engineers in Bulgaria is 1:2.5. A considerable part of the women IT specialists choose another career path, mostly as teachers. The Axway survey shows that 80% of the informatics teachers in Bulgaria are women.
The company points out that the most important qualities necessary for a successful career in the IT sector are analytical thinking, computer and technical literacy and their development can start as early as the primary school.
“Until 2015 Europe would need more than 900 000 qualified specialists,” said Natasha Kumcheva, HR expert of Axway.
- » Bulgaria Will Work to Attract More Italian Investors
- » Conference „Prevention of Problem Payments in Utility Sector“
- » Romanian Media: Bulgaria Offers Very Good Tourist Services
- » Bulgaria Still Behind Most of EU in Mobile Shopping
- » Enhanced Security Measures Along Bulgarian Summer Resorts
- » Vice President Yotova Speaks With Representatives of Bulgarian Communities in Neighbouring Countries