Bulgaria's IT Specialists Among the Youngest in Europe
The average age of the IT specialists in Bulgaria is 30 years, while that of the German ones is 45, shows data of the Axway Bulgaria software company.
The average experience of the IT specialists in Bulgaria is a little over five years, while that of their German colleagues is 11 years.
Around 40% of the graduate IT specialists are women and the ratio of women and men working as IT engineers in Bulgaria is 1:2.5. A considerable part of the women IT specialists choose another career path, mostly as teachers. The Axway survey shows that 80% of the informatics teachers in Bulgaria are women.
The company points out that the most important qualities necessary for a successful career in the IT sector are analytical thinking, computer and technical literacy and their development can start as early as the primary school.
“Until 2015 Europe would need more than 900 000 qualified specialists,” said Natasha Kumcheva, HR expert of Axway.
- » Tsvetan Vasilev to Make Proposal on KTB within Days – Central Bank
- » Power of Siberia Pipeline Construction Kicks Off
- » Ukraine, Belarus Make Up for Russians on Bulgaria's Property Market
- » Bulgaria's Public Debt Sees Significant Increase in July
- » Bulgarian Industrial Association Opposes Minimum Wage Hike Proposal
- » Protests to Be Staged in Support of KTB Across Bulgaria