Bulgaria's IT Specialists Among the Youngest in Europe
The average age of the IT specialists in Bulgaria is 30 years, while that of the German ones is 45, shows data of the Axway Bulgaria software company.
The average experience of the IT specialists in Bulgaria is a little over five years, while that of their German colleagues is 11 years.
Around 40% of the graduate IT specialists are women and the ratio of women and men working as IT engineers in Bulgaria is 1:2.5. A considerable part of the women IT specialists choose another career path, mostly as teachers. The Axway survey shows that 80% of the informatics teachers in Bulgaria are women.
The company points out that the most important qualities necessary for a successful career in the IT sector are analytical thinking, computer and technical literacy and their development can start as early as the primary school.
“Until 2015 Europe would need more than 900 000 qualified specialists,” said Natasha Kumcheva, HR expert of Axway.
- » Juncker Said to Be Planning Introduction of Euro by All EU Member States after Brexit
- » Extension of Sofia Metro Line 2 to be Launched Before End of July
- » EU 'Told Bulgaria to Sell Gas Network Operator - PM
- » Bulgarian FinMin Foresees 3.5 % Budget Surplus for First Half of 2016
- » Gazprom 'Ready' to Explore Turkish Stream Funding
- » 10.3 Million Tourists Expected to Visit Bulgaria's Black Sea Coast This Summer