Russian Train Collision Death Toll Climbs to 6
The death toll from Tuesday's train collision near Moscow has climbed to 6, while 25 people remain in hospital.
A freight train derailed and collided into a passenger train between Naro-Fominsk and Bekasovo, on the Kiev-bound railway, around 1 pm Moscow time Tuesday. Most of the victims were citizens of Moldova, RIA Novosti revealed. Among the injured were 3 children.
"The investigation team is working to determine the cause of the accident, but according to preliminary data, the freight train could derail because of the broken rail, poor state of the freight train or violations in the actions of the train's brigade", an official has said.
The passenger train was bound for Chisinau, Moldova.
- » EU Says United Ireland Would Be Automatic Full Member
- » EU Leaders Negotiating Common Position On Brexit
- » Turkish Authorities Block Access to Wikipedia
- » Germany Rejects Demands to Halt Turkey's Bid to Join the European Union
- » Minimum Pension in Slovenia Reaches EUR 500
- » Angry Nationalists Storm Macedonian Parliament