Russian Train Collision Death Toll Climbs to 6
The death toll from Tuesday's train collision near Moscow has climbed to 6, while 25 people remain in hospital.
A freight train derailed and collided into a passenger train between Naro-Fominsk and Bekasovo, on the Kiev-bound railway, around 1 pm Moscow time Tuesday. Most of the victims were citizens of Moldova, RIA Novosti revealed. Among the injured were 3 children.
"The investigation team is working to determine the cause of the accident, but according to preliminary data, the freight train could derail because of the broken rail, poor state of the freight train or violations in the actions of the train's brigade", an official has said.
The passenger train was bound for Chisinau, Moldova.
- » Germany Expects No More than 300 Refugees By End Year
- » Hungary Proposes to Send Police to Help Serbia Guard Borders against Migrants
- » Italy Issues State of Emergency Over Catastrophic Earthquake
- » Victims of the Catastrophic Earthquake in Italy reach 240
- » Turkey to Open Third Bridge across Bosphorus Friday
- » Terror Attack on American University of Afghanistan Leaves at least 10 Dead