Russian Train Collision Death Toll Climbs to 6
The death toll from Tuesday's train collision near Moscow has climbed to 6, while 25 people remain in hospital.
A freight train derailed and collided into a passenger train between Naro-Fominsk and Bekasovo, on the Kiev-bound railway, around 1 pm Moscow time Tuesday. Most of the victims were citizens of Moldova, RIA Novosti revealed. Among the injured were 3 children.
"The investigation team is working to determine the cause of the accident, but according to preliminary data, the freight train could derail because of the broken rail, poor state of the freight train or violations in the actions of the train's brigade", an official has said.
The passenger train was bound for Chisinau, Moldova.
- » Russia Warns of 'Maidan' over Bulgarian President's Inauguration, MPs Pick Up
- » Reina Attacker 'Targeted Taksim Square' on New Year
- » Germany To Hold Parliamentary Elections on September 24
- » Bulgarian EP Deputies Adopt Common Stance Against Blockades in Greece
- » Belgium's CALL: Bulgaria Does Not Offer Migrants Good Conditions
- » Italy Rocked by 4 Quakes in 1 Hour