Russian Train Collision Death Toll Climbs to 6
The death toll from Tuesday's train collision near Moscow has climbed to 6, while 25 people remain in hospital.
A freight train derailed and collided into a passenger train between Naro-Fominsk and Bekasovo, on the Kiev-bound railway, around 1 pm Moscow time Tuesday. Most of the victims were citizens of Moldova, RIA Novosti revealed. Among the injured were 3 children.
"The investigation team is working to determine the cause of the accident, but according to preliminary data, the freight train could derail because of the broken rail, poor state of the freight train or violations in the actions of the train's brigade", an official has said.
The passenger train was bound for Chisinau, Moldova.
- » Tension Over Declarations Among Voters in Turkey's Bursa Continues
- » Voting Abroad for Bulgaria's Snap Elections Progresses Normally
- » José Manuel Barroso: Brexit Talks Will Fail Without Compromise
- » EU Leaders Sign New Declaration 60 years After Signature of Treaty of Rome
- » France and Germany Tell UK to Expect No Brexit Favours
- » Two Charged Over Arms Supply to French Airport Attacker