Russian Train Collision Death Toll Climbs to 6
The death toll from Tuesday's train collision near Moscow has climbed to 6, while 25 people remain in hospital.
A freight train derailed and collided into a passenger train between Naro-Fominsk and Bekasovo, on the Kiev-bound railway, around 1 pm Moscow time Tuesday. Most of the victims were citizens of Moldova, RIA Novosti revealed. Among the injured were 3 children.
"The investigation team is working to determine the cause of the accident, but according to preliminary data, the freight train could derail because of the broken rail, poor state of the freight train or violations in the actions of the train's brigade", an official has said.
The passenger train was bound for Chisinau, Moldova.
- » European Parliament: Monitoring of Bulgaria, Romania Abolished
- » Greece To Receive EUR 2.8 B Tranche Under Third Bailout Programme
- » Explosion Rocks Antalya Chamber of Commerce
- » Hungarian PM Orban: We Must End Europe's Sovietisation
- » Brussels Capital Region Blocks CETA As Well
- » French Calais Engulfed By Violence After Dismantling of Jungle Camp Begins