Russian Train Collision Death Toll Climbs to 6
The death toll from Tuesday's train collision near Moscow has climbed to 6, while 25 people remain in hospital.
A freight train derailed and collided into a passenger train between Naro-Fominsk and Bekasovo, on the Kiev-bound railway, around 1 pm Moscow time Tuesday. Most of the victims were citizens of Moldova, RIA Novosti revealed. Among the injured were 3 children.
"The investigation team is working to determine the cause of the accident, but according to preliminary data, the freight train could derail because of the broken rail, poor state of the freight train or violations in the actions of the train's brigade", an official has said.
The passenger train was bound for Chisinau, Moldova.
- » US Calls for Greek Reforms as Athens Nears Energy Deal with Russia
- » Over 10,000 African Migrants Fled to Italy This Week
- » Kosovo FM to Attend Belgrade Conference, Risks Being Arrested
- » Julian Assange to Be Interrogated by Swedish Prosecutors in London
- » UN Calls for Immediate Ceasefire in Yemen as Special Adviser Resigns
- » Another Ukrainian Journalist Found Dead, Murder Suspected