Google Overtakes Apple As The World's Most Valuable Brand
US internet overlord Google has overtaken rival technology titan Apple as the world's top brand in terms of value, global market research agency Millward Brown said Wednesday.
Google's brand value shot up 40% in a year to USD 158.84 B, Millward Brown said in its 2014 100 Top BrandZ report.
"Google has been extremely innovative this year with Google Glass, investments in artificial intelligence and a range of partnerships," said Benoit Tranzer, the head of Millward Brown France., quoted by Business Insider. "All these activities send a very strong signal to consumers about the essence of Google," Tranzer said.
Apple, which dominated the top position for three straight years, saw its brand value fall by 20% to USD 147.88 B.
The top 10 of the 100 slots were dominated by US firms. IBM was in third place at USD 107.54 B, a fall of 4%, followed by Microsoft at USD 90.19 B – a 29% rise.
Fast food chain McDonald's ranked next at USD 85.71 B, followed by Coca-Cola USD 80.68 B, it said.
Brand value is calculated on the basis of the firms' financial performance and their standing among consumers.
- » Bulgaria Climbs Up in Economic Freedom Index
- » Bulgaria PM Borisov: Energy Bills Issue 'Is Conspiracy against Govt'
- » Bulgarian Business Sentiment Improves in January
- » Bulgarian State Railways Struggling To Stay Afloat
- » Bulgaria Records Progress in Economic Freedom – Think Tank
- » Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog Foresees Power Price Hike in 2015