Grigor Dimitrov Ranks Among World's Top 5 Most Marketable Athletes
Bulgarian tennis player Grigor Dimitrov was ranked fifth in SportsPro and Eurosport prestigious world's 50 most marketable athletes list.
Dimitrov surpassed international stars such as footballer Lionel Messi, four-time F1 world champion Sebastian Vettel and six-time Olympic champion Usain Bolt.
"Young, talented and good looking... Grigor Dimitrov boasts all the ingredients to become a brand marketer's dream. Right now he sits on the cusp of a top-ten ranking but before long he could well be much higher, with many having long singled him out as one to regularly rival the very best in men's tennis in future," SportsPro article read.
According to Pedro Garcia, Eurosport tennis producer, "Dimitrov's natural talent allows him to play a very attractive style of game. He is a nice guy, spectacular on the court and has all the necessary attributes to seduce viewers. Expectations for him are high because this guy has something special. He is only 23 but has the potential to become a future world number one."
The full list can be seen here.
- » Uncertainty over Bulgarian National Coach's Move to Dinamo Zagreb
- » Bulgarian Women's Volleyball Team Qualifies for Eurovolley
- » Bulgaria Ranks 60th as Rio Paralympics End
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Goes Up ATP Ranking Again
- » Ludogorets, Basel Tied 1:1 in Champions League Group Game
- » World Chess Federation Confirms Bulgaria's Suspension