Grigor Dimitrov Ranks Among World's Top 5 Most Marketable Athletes
Bulgarian tennis player Grigor Dimitrov was ranked fifth in SportsPro and Eurosport prestigious world's 50 most marketable athletes list.
Dimitrov surpassed international stars such as footballer Lionel Messi, four-time F1 world champion Sebastian Vettel and six-time Olympic champion Usain Bolt.
"Young, talented and good looking... Grigor Dimitrov boasts all the ingredients to become a brand marketer's dream. Right now he sits on the cusp of a top-ten ranking but before long he could well be much higher, with many having long singled him out as one to regularly rival the very best in men's tennis in future," SportsPro article read.
According to Pedro Garcia, Eurosport tennis producer, "Dimitrov's natural talent allows him to play a very attractive style of game. He is a nice guy, spectacular on the court and has all the necessary attributes to seduce viewers. Expectations for him are high because this guy has something special. He is only 23 but has the potential to become a future world number one."
The full list can be seen here.
- » Bulgaria Loses to Belgium in Fed Cup
- » Bulgarian Head of State Demonstrates Football Skills at La Bombonera Stadium
- » Bulgaria Defeats Hungary, Latvia in Fed Cup
- » Bulgaria Drops to 75th Place in FIFA Ranking
- » Germany's Lothar Matthaus to Come to Sofia for Stoichkov's Birthday Show
- » ATP: Hard Work Behind Sofia Open Starting to Pay off