Bulgarian Red Cross Starts Donations Drive for Western Balkans
The Bulgarian Red Cross starts a donation drive for those affected by the floods in Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina, said the organization in a press release.
It has activated the short number 1466 for SMS donations – a text to this number donates BGN 1.
The Red Cross also offers an option for online donations (via e-pay, option 3: VICTIMS OF DISASTERS AND CRISES) and via bank transfer at: Unicredit Bulbank, BG64UNCR76301078660913, UNCRBGSF, (For the flood victims in Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina).
The Bulgarian Red Cross has already sent aid from its humanitarian reserve – blankets, beds and bedding, children's clothes and rubber boots.
At the same time the Serbian embassy in Sofia is also collecting donations of packaged food, medicines, water, clothes, baby formula and detergents. Further information can be found at the embassy website.
Bulgaria has already sent to Serbia a team of 26 rescue workers, three fire engines with water pumps, 11 pumps and two rubber boats.
- » About 40,000 Are The Visitors Of The Tourist Route "In the Steps of Vazov and his Heroes" After It's Start
- » The Weather Today Will be Sunny With Temperatures Between 25°C and 30°C
- » Today Is European 'No Elevators Day'
- » Mostly Sunny Today, Maximum Temperatures Between 20°C and 25°C
- » Bulgaria Ranks Lowest Among All EU Countries in Reporters Without Borders’ World Press Freedom Index
- » Employment Rate in Bulgaria Going Up