Bulgarian Red Cross Starts Donations Drive for Western Balkans
The Bulgarian Red Cross starts a donation drive for those affected by the floods in Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina, said the organization in a press release.
It has activated the short number 1466 for SMS donations – a text to this number donates BGN 1.
The Red Cross also offers an option for online donations (via e-pay, option 3: VICTIMS OF DISASTERS AND CRISES) and via bank transfer at: Unicredit Bulbank, BG64UNCR76301078660913, UNCRBGSF, (For the flood victims in Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina).
The Bulgarian Red Cross has already sent aid from its humanitarian reserve – blankets, beds and bedding, children's clothes and rubber boots.
At the same time the Serbian embassy in Sofia is also collecting donations of packaged food, medicines, water, clothes, baby formula and detergents. Further information can be found at the embassy website.
Bulgaria has already sent to Serbia a team of 26 rescue workers, three fire engines with water pumps, 11 pumps and two rubber boats.
- » Flu Kills 37 In Romania Year To Date
- » Illegal migrants in the EU Decreased by 60% in 2017
- » Trade Unions Expert: 71% of Bulgarians Live with Income below Minimum Standard
- » Clouds With Rain Today, Maximum Temperatures of 4-9°C
- » A Farting Passenger Forced a Plane to Make an Emergency Landing
- » A 88-year-old Veteran Overcame Thugs with Knives