Bulgaria's Movie Industry Posts Highest Growth in Europe
Bulgaria's movie industry grew by 88.1% between 2008 and 2010, which is the highest growth among the European countries, shows a survey on the economy of the creative sector.
The survey of the Observatory of economy of culture shows that the sector of creative and cultural industry in Bulgaria is developing rapidly, in spite the general economic downturn.
The cinema industry takes the fourth position in growth, after design (125.7%), software and video games (123.1%) and cultural heritage (92.3%).
The survey confirms the trend of concentration of cultural and creative industries in the capital Sofia and an increasing gap between the capital and the other regions.
The data shows that the sector of cultural and creative industry – media, advertising, architecture, software and video games, film industry, festivals, design, performance arts, recording and musical industry, museums, galleries, book publishing, etc. - take the eight position overall in Bulgaria and fourth in Sofia, among 36 sectors.
The creative and cultural sector posts a 6.1% growth in employment, while the overall employment in the country decreased by 6.4%.
- » Sofia Hosts Third International Literary Festival Between November 25-December 13
- » Malta Wins 2015 Junior Eurovision Song Contest Hosted by Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Hosts Final of 2015 Junior Eurovision Song Contest on Saturday
- » Postponed Junior Eurovision Opening Ceremony Due on November 17
- » Bulgarian Theatre Night Kicks Off on November 21
- » Junior Eurovision Opening Ceremony Postponed over Paris Attacks