Bulgaria's Movie Industry Posts Highest Growth in Europe
Bulgaria's movie industry grew by 88.1% between 2008 and 2010, which is the highest growth among the European countries, shows a survey on the economy of the creative sector.
The survey of the Observatory of economy of culture shows that the sector of creative and cultural industry in Bulgaria is developing rapidly, in spite the general economic downturn.
The cinema industry takes the fourth position in growth, after design (125.7%), software and video games (123.1%) and cultural heritage (92.3%).
The survey confirms the trend of concentration of cultural and creative industries in the capital Sofia and an increasing gap between the capital and the other regions.
The data shows that the sector of cultural and creative industry – media, advertising, architecture, software and video games, film industry, festivals, design, performance arts, recording and musical industry, museums, galleries, book publishing, etc. - take the eight position overall in Bulgaria and fourth in Sofia, among 36 sectors.
The creative and cultural sector posts a 6.1% growth in employment, while the overall employment in the country decreased by 6.4%.
- » Japanese Drummers Yamato To Perform In Sofia Again
- » Exhibition Of Photos From Private Albums To Mark 100-th Anniversary Of WWI In Sofia
- » Fifth Edition Of So Independent Festival To Start On Oct. 24
- » Lara Fabian To Sing In Sofia
- » Balkan Rakia Fest To Take Place In Sofia
- » Plovdiv to Receive BGN 20 M to Implement 2019 European Capital of Culture Program