Bomb Scare at Cyprus Airport Ahead of US Vice President Visit
The airport in the city of Larnaca, Cyprus was evacuated on Tuesday morning after authorities received a bomb threat.
The police received a phone call from someone saying that an explosive device had been placed in a toilet at the airport at around 9.30 am, according to local media reports.
The building was evacuated as police carried out a search before giving the all clear around an hour later.
The bomb scare at the main airport in Cyprus happens only a day before US Vice President Joe Biden is to visit the Mediterranean island.
- » Hungary Mulls Unprecedented Internet Tax
- » European Union to Boost Ebola Research with EUR 24.4M
- » Sweden Ends Search for Suspected Submarine
- » Doctor Back from Africa Tests Positive for Ebola at New York Hospital
- » Ottawa Shooting Suspect Identified as Canadian Islamic Convert Michael Zehaf-Bibeau
- » US Air Strikes Help Iraq Repel IS Offensive on Mosul Dam