Bomb Scare at Cyprus Airport Ahead of US Vice President Visit
The airport in the city of Larnaca, Cyprus was evacuated on Tuesday morning after authorities received a bomb threat.
The police received a phone call from someone saying that an explosive device had been placed in a toilet at the airport at around 9.30 am, according to local media reports.
The building was evacuated as police carried out a search before giving the all clear around an hour later.
The bomb scare at the main airport in Cyprus happens only a day before US Vice President Joe Biden is to visit the Mediterranean island.
- » Protesting Greek Farmers Renew Blockades Along Bulgarian-Greek Border
- » Serbia Ready to Follow Suit if Others on Balkan Migrant Route Close Borders
- » Macedonia Calls for EU-wide Solution to Migrant Crisis
- » France's Foreign Minister 'Steps Down'
- » Syria Kurds' First Foreign Office to Be Opened in Moscow
- » Blockade at Bulgarian-Greek Border Checkpoint Temporary Lifted