Bomb Scare at Cyprus Airport Ahead of US Vice President Visit
The airport in the city of Larnaca, Cyprus was evacuated on Tuesday morning after authorities received a bomb threat.
The police received a phone call from someone saying that an explosive device had been placed in a toilet at the airport at around 9.30 am, according to local media reports.
The building was evacuated as police carried out a search before giving the all clear around an hour later.
The bomb scare at the main airport in Cyprus happens only a day before US Vice President Joe Biden is to visit the Mediterranean island.
- » IS Purportedly Beheads US Reporter James Foley
- » Ukraine Says 15 Bodies Recovered after Refugee Convoy Attack
- » Ukraine Refugee Convoy 'Hit' by Rockets, Mortars
- » US National Guard Intervenes to Quell Missouri Protests
- » German Foreign Minister Reports Progress in Ukraine Crisis Talks
- » 11 Injured in Train Derailment in Swiss Alps