Bomb Scare at Cyprus Airport Ahead of US Vice President Visit
The airport in the city of Larnaca, Cyprus was evacuated on Tuesday morning after authorities received a bomb threat.
The police received a phone call from someone saying that an explosive device had been placed in a toilet at the airport at around 9.30 am, according to local media reports.
The building was evacuated as police carried out a search before giving the all clear around an hour later.
The bomb scare at the main airport in Cyprus happens only a day before US Vice President Joe Biden is to visit the Mediterranean island.
- » Russia Warns of 'Maidan' over Bulgarian President's Inauguration, MPs Pick Up
- » Reina Attacker 'Targeted Taksim Square' on New Year
- » Germany To Hold Parliamentary Elections on September 24
- » Bulgarian EP Deputies Adopt Common Stance Against Blockades in Greece
- » Belgium's CALL: Bulgaria Does Not Offer Migrants Good Conditions
- » Italy Rocked by 4 Quakes in 1 Hour