Bomb Scare at Cyprus Airport Ahead of US Vice President Visit
The airport in the city of Larnaca, Cyprus was evacuated on Tuesday morning after authorities received a bomb threat.
The police received a phone call from someone saying that an explosive device had been placed in a toilet at the airport at around 9.30 am, according to local media reports.
The building was evacuated as police carried out a search before giving the all clear around an hour later.
The bomb scare at the main airport in Cyprus happens only a day before US Vice President Joe Biden is to visit the Mediterranean island.
- » Ukrainian President Puts Forward Limited Self-Rule Status for Donetsk, Lugansk
- » 500 Migrants Feared Drowned after Boat Sinks off Malta
- » France Joins Britain in Iraq Reconnaissance Flights
- » Slovakia's Gas Deliveries from Russia Still Less than Agreed
- » Arab Countries to Join US Air Strikes against IS
- » Sweden's Center-Left Tipped for Comeback after Sunday Elections